• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Supreme Court Second Amendment Case Could Overrule Heller Decision in 2017

Well shit..... Vote Trump

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...rt-second-amendment-case-overrule-heller-2017

quote from breibart article -->"That means that the Second Amendment will be back before the Supreme Court in 2017, after a ninth justice has been confirmed to replace Scalia. The Second Amendment has survived twice at the Supreme Court over the past decade, both by only 5-4 votes. One of the ways that the justices could rule in favor of the federal government would be to overrule Heller, and hold that the Second Amendment does not apply at all to private citizens. [The leftist view of the Second Amendment is that its only meaning is that the federal government cannot stop state governments from arming their National Guard (i.e., “militia”) units with guns.]
So declarations from Donald Trump and Mike Pence that gun rights are in danger is no longer hypothetical. It is now certain. If Hillary Clinton wins the presidency, the Second Amendment can be effectively erased from the U.S. Constitution."

It could end up being a massive wind-fall for us even with a 5-4 against court. I'm confident (and in the massive minority) that Kagan won't allow the liberals to go any further than to decide on 922. Scalia was her friend and despite her penchant for railing on liberal causes, she has the integrity to not re-write already written SC law. (Remember - it was Scalia who basically led the charge in the 8-0 decision in Larry Flynt. Ever expect that one???)

That said - I'd rather have a conservative on that bench. Make it 6-3, even. :)

Vote Hillary. Go ahead. Thanks a lot Kasich. Cry baby

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Read it. Hard to understand how it could overturn Heller except with someone like CI being appointed to the court.

And yes, ugly. Civil war would likely to imminent.

No matter how the SC rules, if the feds, [ commies/ Nazis], really want our guns so badly, they will have to come or them at some point. That's when we get to tell them NO permanently.

If it were to go bad. There are several states that will immediately make almost every citizen a malitia member,which is silly since everyone already is in the malitia.
The whole "argument" about the meaning of the second is nothing more than a childish way to try and subvert the constitution, dishonest aswell...

No matter how the SC rules, if the feds, [ commies/ Nazis], really want our guns so badly, they will have to come or them at some point. That's when we get to tell them NO permanently.
Delusional thinking. They won't go house to house after an announced deadline. They will pick people off one by one after traffic stops, or while they're at work, and secure warrants to search their houses while they're sitting in custody. Unless everyone in your house (meaning someone is on guard there 24/7 of all ages and genders) is prepared to trip the switch on the search team, they'll get what they want. And even if someone does go Full Rambo, that will feed the MSM narrative about dangerous domestic terrorists who justify this hardline crackdown on guns.

After a few well publicized episodes of people with "illegal guns" pleading to get 20 years instead of life, most gun owners would be breaking down the police station doors in order to surrender their grandpa's duck gun.

This is a case with a pretty narrow scope. That article is mostly tinfoil hat stuff.

[Then again, if you told me about the events of 7/20/16 beforehand I might have called that tinfoil too]

Delusional thinking. They won't go house to house after an announced deadline. They will pick people off one by one after traffic stops, or while they're at work, and secure warrants to search their houses while they're sitting in custody. Unless everyone in your house (meaning someone is on guard there 24/7 of all ages and genders) is prepared to trip the switch on the search team, they'll get what they want. And even if someone does go Full Rambo, that will feed the MSM narrative about dangerous domestic terrorists who justify this hardline crackdown on guns.

After a few well publicized episodes of people with "illegal guns" pleading to get 20 years instead of life, most gun owners would be breaking down the police station doors in order to surrender their grandpa's duck gun.

Except there are some people that just don't give a $hit anymore. They are old, maybe sick and don't care if they die or not. They just decide "What better way to go out than in a final blaze of glory?".

Those will be the ones that prepare for the raid and make sure that not all of the officers go home safe that evening. A few of those where more officers than "domestics terrorist" die and there will be a re-evaluation.

Read it. Hard to understand how it could overturn Heller except with someone like CI being appointed to the court.

There is no logic or rationale to it. We have too many hack judges appointed by hack politicians that don't even know what the Constitution says, let alone its original intent.

This is a case with a pretty narrow scope. That article is mostly tinfoil hat stuff.

[Then again, if you told me about the events of 7/20/16 beforehand I might have called that tinfoil too]

Yea. You might be saying the same thing about this if Killary gets in as you are currently saying about 7/20/16. 7/20 proved that they don't GAF what the law or the Constitution or what Congress says.

Back
Top Bottom