Super Mall Ninja... err.. Extreme Close Quarters Shooting

My question is if anyone here could give any reason as to why they turn the gun sideways?

It seems like something that would be so obviously pointless and counterproductive that no one who actually trains others in CCB would attempt to do this, in fear of being laughed out the door.

That said, does anyone here know what type of reasoning this guy came up with to train like that?

I'm pretty sure they're in Europe. I'm also pretty sure that is all you need to know to explain it.

I don't have the time, but someone should take the dancing scene and add a sound track. I'm thinking: It's electric! boogie woogie woogie.

ETA: Before anyone says it, if I'm posting on here, I obviously have the time, but still.. I don't feel like doing it [wink]

They need to reanimate parts of that video to "safety dance" and they'll have a ready made 1 million view video. [rofl]

-Mike

My question is if anyone here could give any reason as to why they turn the gun sideways?

It seems like something that would be so obviously pointless and counterproductive that no one who actually trains others in CCB would attempt to do this, in fear of being laughed out the door.

That said, does anyone here know what type of reasoning this guy came up with to train like that?

You're not supposed to turn the gun completely sideways. It's a stronger way to shoot with one hand. If you hold at like a 45-55ish degree angle it lines up all the muscles in your arm (giving you better control). The easiest way to understand how it works is to look at something accross the room, then close your eyes and point at it with your eys closed. As long as you're doing it without thinking of how you'd point a gun, your hand will naturally position itself at that angle.

LMAO!!! People came to my office to see if I was alright cause I was laughing so hard.

Challenge accepted.

You are my new hero. That was unbelievably awesome. Remembering the original video - everyone in this one equates to the midget in the jester costume. None of them are the cool guy with 1986 hair.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't used this gif in a while, but it seems strangely appropriate now.

spockwtf.gif

I just wet myself

well, other then horrible execution, most the techniques are valid (most... not all) Punching with the gun is legit when it's not working (and there for as a firearm, no longer of use to you, but as a club...) they were teaching this as part of a malfunction drill from close contact (why they racked the slide after they smacked the guy with the gun).

the gun sideways thing was just over angled, if you get yourself to a sideways stance (think agent smith) the sights will more easily be aquired if the gun is tilted at a roughly 45 degree angle. if not your neck/head will be cocked backwards putting you off balance. you see this used if your either shooting behind you while moving forward or lunging forward/to the side to lower profile/get behind cover.

ps... Awesome remix JRyan [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom