• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Super Mall Ninja... err.. Extreme Close Quarters Shooting

That's the first time I've ever seen someone attempt to punch a target with their gun, as opposed to just shooting it. [laugh]

I mean, maybe that's a thing. I'm more LSHD myself.

@ 1:10 he also turned it directly towards the other guy. [shocked]
Gee maybe I should get a big patch on my back that reads "INSTRUCDORK" too............

Dupe. We saw this a while back.

Yup, while doing his fancy gun-kata, he sweeps his buddy with the muzzle of his pistol. I'm disappointed, however, that there are no tactical shoulder rolls in this video.

The personification of "Home Slice" in video. Along with muzzle sweeping a brother Ninja, what was that move in the beginning where they pull the firearm into their chest with the muzzle pointing down at their junk? WTF was that all about? Is this that Gun-Fu I've heard about? Is this another example of maybe normal people choosing to be stupid, or were these [STRIKE]morons[/STRIKE] maroons just plain dumb and someone gave them some guns to play with? Some of the CQB stuff I've seen before and understand, etc., but some of that stuff is tough to justify....even in Airsoft Warrior terms....

If we ask nicely, maybe Vietboy1 will come along and explain the tactical significance of such maneuvers...

new olympic event Syncronized Shooting!

"I approve"

EstherWilliams.jpg

This was very gay, and I don't mean in the good way. First, they're shooting all those white USPSA targets. Don't they know every shot is basically a penalty?

Seriously, I blame myself for watching this. I'm sick of these videos and I just got sucked in again. Time for a cocktail. After watching this I'll probably be drinking Clorox on ice.

This was very gay, and I don't mean in the good way. First, they're shooting all those white USPSA targets. Don't they know every shot is basically a penalty?

Seriously, I blame myself for watching this. I'm sick of these videos and I just got sucked in again. Time for a cocktail. After watching this I'll probably be drinking Clorox on ice.

[rofl]

That's the first time I've ever seen someone attempt to punch a target with their gun, as opposed to just shooting it. [laugh]

I mean, maybe that's a thing. I'm more LSHD myself.

this. Is it weird that I actually laughed at that? Am I ignorant or is it how it looks?

It looks as if they took a course or two from a real instructor, then decided that they could do just as good a job themselves. Most of the moves that they [STRIKE]do[/STRIKE] attempt are routinely taught by a lot of good instructors, but the execution was pathetic. The patented homeboy shooting position with the gun on it's side is based on a legitimate technique, but has absolutely no justification (other than its perceived coolness) where they're using it. [rolleyes] [rolleyes] [rolleyes]

(BTW, the position with the gun flat against the chest, muzzle down is called "Sul", and is intended to allow you to move in close proximity to friendlies and to scan your area without sweeping people who shouldn't be shot. Done properly, it's not pointed near your equipment (unless you get really excited during a combat situation), though based on their sloppiness in other areas, who knows where their muzzles are. At least they're not pointed at anything important.)

Ken

Last edited:
My question is if anyone here could give any reason as to why they turn the gun sideways?

It seems like something that would be so obviously pointless and counterproductive that no one who actually trains others in CCB would attempt to do this, in fear of being laughed out the door.

That said, does anyone here know what type of reasoning this guy came up with to train like that?

My question is if anyone here could give any reason as to why they turn the gun sideways?

It seems like something that would be so obviously pointless and counterproductive that no one who actually trains others in CCB would attempt to do this, in fear of being laughed out the door.

That said, does anyone here know what type of reasoning this guy came up with to train like that?

Not to sound like I'm defending this self-defense version of interpretive dance, but a lot of training courses make you shoot in awkward and 'counterproductive' positions because in a gun fight you're likely to not necessarily have the opportunity to shoot like you do in a controlled environment like when you punch paper at the range. Shooting sideways for instance may be the only way you can shoot around a piece of cover without exposing most of your body and head to incoming fire.

Back
Top Bottom