Suggestions on next project gun

I've have less and less time to actually go to the range. I do have some time at night now to work on guns when the family is asleep.

Recently I bought a Tanfoglio Limited Pro and working on it has gotten me back on the tinkering bug.
It really wasn't that great out of the box. I was quite taken back actually.
However it was amazing after extensive polishing and a few parts here/there. I dare say it's now one of my favorite handguns.
It's certainly has the smoothest action of any handgun I own.

Anyone know of any other guns that respond very well to polishing, have a decent amount of high quality aftermarket parts etc?
Something I take from average or below average to something that's really slick? Polymer guns just don't finish up as nicely. I have some worked polymer guns and they are just blah.

I've been thinking about more Tanfoglios, maybe some CZ's or maybe some CZ clones (Canik S120 or something)

I'd like to stick to 9mm for handguns. I'd be open to long gun suggestions.
Any double stack 1911's that are reasonably priced that I can muddle around with and make nice?

Hi power? Gen 3 S&W? Sphinx? Or accept a challenge and go with a surplus Mak, Radom and/or even a Tokarev.

I have a couple of Gen 3 S&Ws, 6906 and 5906, and I love them. They are far superior to the "tupperware" the S&W is now obsessed with. Unfortunately (or fortunately?) they did not present much of a project; fiber optic front sight and lightened trigger return spring and hammer spring was really all these pistols needed.

I ended up with a CZ SP-01 and threw in a bunch of Cajun Gun works parts. Pretty sweet now. I think I like the tanfoglio better.

On to the next project...

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom