Suggest for me a versatile shotgun

Most guys are OK. We kind of established our trap and skeet through the years with having a twist towards helping new shooters and having fun. Score was on the backburner. A real bummer for the elitist trappers and skeeters. They hate new shooters, and they hate loose rules.

We've had the sticks in the mud come by shoot once and move on. Which is good. There is a club down the street that has some real elitists in there. The best way to keep the elitists out is to have a high price for membership and many hours of work. Ive found elitist trap shooters to be the cheapest of the bunch and very lazy. They are probably cheap because they spend so much money on their guns.
Haha true!

An 870 would be my suggestion for everything but skeet.
Sure you can shoot skeet with a pump but it gets old fast and you’ll be looking to upgrade at some point.

I would respectfully disagree in light of the OP's specifications of one "that could work for deer, turkey and maybe some skeet or trap." I don't shoot trap very often either, but what I find from a practical standpoint using an 870 for trap is that it provides great reps running a pump gun. Those will apply when you're hunting or even more so defending your home. Just my .02. If the OP is going to be doing primarily clays, that's different.

Back
Top Bottom