• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

sugestions on a muzzle loader

For a few years when it came to muzzle loader season I always just use my brothers gun he no longer uses.... Toying with the idea of getting one for myself.... Looking to spend under 400 bucks and I likely wont be using a scope. We drive deer and a scope only gets in the way. There is a hell of a lot of choices in that price range.. so any suggestions I would appreciate...

more info....

I primarily hunt from stand in the am... drive deer the rest of the day..
I dont think i will use it aside from hunting..

Im not really sure I want one.... My brothers works just fine..... He hunts exclusively with a cross bow now so I full use of it.....

So if I didn't buy a muzzle loader what would you spend a 400 dollar in bass pro gift cards on?

I just got my first muzzleloader last year. It's a TC Impact, and I liked it so much I used it for shotgun season too. I don't have a lot of experience with muzzleloaders though. The only one I've ever shot more than a couple of times is mine.

I just got my first muzzleloader last year. It's a TC Impact, and I liked it so much I used it for shotgun season too. I don't have a lot of experience with muzzleloaders though. The only one I've ever shot more than a couple of times is mine.

you should have a blunderrbuss

5946064459_461b16d186_zpscb5b3331.jpg

skip Bass pro go to a local gun shop, and support the local guys . should get same price and help local gun shop stay in business. The T/C omega is a can't miss choise I have had mine for few yrs now with a good scope u can shot 1 inch groups @ 100yds all day long 100 grains of power and 250 grain shockwave bullets .

I got a break open stainless Optima for 210 last year brand new. Ive had a few muzzleloaders and this ones the best and easiest to clean. Stainless, no tool breach plug. Very accurate.

A friend of mine went looking for an omega but could find one and ended up with an Impact instead. He was really pleasantly surprised with everything about it, its accuracy was great and easy to use.

skip Bass pro go to a local gun shop, and support the local guys . should get same price and help local gun shop stay in business. The T/C omega is a can't miss choise I have had mine for few yrs now with a good scope u can shot 1 inch groups @ 100yds all day long 100 grains of power and 250 grain shockwave bullets .

I would love to do this if it wasnt for the fact that as I said in the op I have gift cards..... Get them every year lots of them.... People know I fish hunt shoot canoe ect.... Bass pro is like my disney land they think

I would highly recommend the Thompson Center Triumph Bone Collector. I know it is a little more than you are looking to spend but I absolutely love mine. Also, Nikon has a scope, I believe it is called the inline that has BDC reticle for the 50 cal muzzleloaders. I have the gun, ring/bases combo from dnz and scope in matching Realtree AP.

Curtis

Order a Thompson Omega mail order and save the sales tax. Remember to put spark plug anti seize compound on the breech plug and take it out and store it separately after the season. They can be a real bitch to get out, ask me how I know.....

Back
Top Bottom