Stupid Trigger Locks...

[thinking] Did you work for the phone company?
Standard slang for diagonal cutters.

Funny story: Friend of mine was working at Networld and was trying to take down one of the racks that they used for the onsite network. He was twisting off the cable ties with his Leatherman tool and making slow going of it. A female tech came up with a pair of diagonal cutters and said to him "Never send a Leatherman to do a Dyke's job!"
I carry a couple of extra gun locks in my truck. You never know when you'll need to buy a gun. :)
Oh, yeah... I've avoided buying LOTS of extra trigger locks that way.
Right alongside a couple of blank FA-10 forms.... Just in case.
Ooh, good idea. I'll have to do that.

Trigger locks.

Yep, I always have a couple of extra FA-10 forms on hand. I keep one in my briefcase and one in my range bag just in case.

The typical "Master" style trigger locks are easily defeated if you know how. I have had several occasions where folks have shown up at the range and said "Oh darn, I can't shoot today. I forgot the key to the trigger lock on my gun. (most recently three weeks ago at the skeet range. Shotgun in back of pickup truck=trigger lock)
I can pop them off in about 30 seconds with no harm to the firearm.

I'll be glad to show you in person, however I will NOT post how here.

And last but not least it is illegal to provide your own trigger lock when purchasing a firearm in MA from a dealer! The only way around it is to "GIVE" a lock to the dealer and "HOPE" that he doesn't charge you alot for it when he gives it back to you on your new purchase. The trigger lock is supposed to be supplied by the dealer to insure it's proper function and compliance with MA law...as the useless POS/waste of money that it is!!!

Back
Top Bottom