Stupid things gun counter clerks say

"You have an LTC-A, it says right on it high capacity. You can drive over the border to NH and pick up as many new 30 round magazines as you want, we just cannot sell any of them because it is illegal to sell new high capacity magazines. You have the license to own them though."

"You have an LTC-A, it says right on it high capacity. You can drive over the border to NH and pick up as many new 30 round magazines as you want, we just cannot sell any of them because it is illegal to sell new high capacity magazines. You have the license to own them though."

Last edited by a moderator:

Man's technically correct, you CAN drive to NH and purchase as many regular-cap mags as you want. Own 'em, too.

Just can't posses them in MA.

I've heard that 1 or 2 times [laugh2]

not from a gun store but from a cop that carried a sig for 10 years then switched to glock.
me: How do you like the new glocks, there a lot ligher huh.
cop: I don't like them they don't have safeties.
me: You're sig didn't have safety so it shouldn't matter right.
cop: what, yes the sig had a safety
me: just staring in disbelief
Good thing he never needed it huh? [laugh]

What makes that stupid is only that the related laws are completely stupid to begin with. Granted as an FFL holder or someone working for one, they should know better...

not from a gun store but from a cop that carried a sig for 10 years then switched to glock.
me: How do you like the new glocks, there a lot ligher huh.
cop: I don't like them they don't have safeties.
me: You're sig didn't have safety so it shouldn't matter right.
cop: what, yes the sig had a safety
me: just staring in disbelief

Maybe he carried a Sig Mosquito?

Bump. Well it wasn't the clerk but I just heard this while getting ammo:

"excuse me, are pre-ban magazines legal in Massachusetts?"

tumblr_mroalqlD7c1s4mvheo1_100.gif

Bump. Well it wasn't the clerk but I just heard this while getting ammo:

"excuse me, are pre-ban magazines legal in Massachusetts?"

tumblr_mroalqlD7c1s4mvheo1_100.gif

Not such a stupid question considering the NY SAFE Act banned pre-ban magazines. The person probably wanted to make sure MA hadn't done the same.

Not such a stupid question considering the NY SAFE Act banned pre-ban magazines. The person probably wanted to make sure MA hadn't done the same.

not to mention the upcomming legislation will do away with grandfathering of "preban" magazines.

It still hurts to hear those words. Anyone that turns in preban mags whether ruled illegal or not is pretty dumb IMO. Also, NY Safe act is failing miserably.

Are you aware of some pending piece of legislation that has this provision, or are you just speculating?

The termination of grandfathering normal capacity magazines is a major piece of the upcomming proposals in MA. Speaker DeLeo is aiming to craft & pass a bill before July. There were a few other facets that were abandoned, a la Bozo the Clown Deval's proposal at capping purchases to one per month.

a little while back i was in a LGS. I was in the market for a Glock. The shop had quite a few used Glocks and then LEO only new Glocks.

I asked to look at the G19..
Clerk.. Oh Sub Compact..
me.. I think this is the compact, between the 17 and 26..
Clerk. no the 19 is the SUB compact.
Me.. but, it is bigger than the 26.. what does that make the 26 then?
Clerk 26 is compact. 19 is SUB compact.
me.. you sure?
Clerk. Absolutely 19 is SUB compact.
Me.. you know SUB means below, less than?
Clerk.. Yup. 19 is SUB compact.
Me.. thanks, see ya, have a nice day..

Also part of that same visit...
me.. The PPK there...
clerk.. yes?
me.. is that new or used?
clerk.. used.
Me.. is that a Interarms or S&W?
clerk. No! It's a Walther.
Me.. You Sure? It's not a S&W OR an Interarms?
clerk. No, it's a Walther.
Me.. Ok can I have a look?
Clerk.. Sure, here you go..
Me... hmm.. seems nice.. Can you read what is says there?
Clerk.. Where? Oh This? Smith and Wesson?
Me.. yes.. Thanks. Here you go..

Last edited:
a little while back i was in a LGS. I was in the market for a Glock. The shop had quite a few used Glocks and then LEO only new Glocks.

Clerk.. Oh Sub Compact..
me.. you sure?

Me.

Well obviously the 19 is less compact, so it's SUB-compact. Duh!

(Sarcasm, for those whose detectors aren't calibrated)

The termination of grandfathering normal capacity magazines is a major piece of the upcomming proposals in MA. Speaker DeLeo is aiming to craft & pass a bill before July. There were a few other facets that were abandoned, a la Bozo the Clown Deval's proposal at capping purchases to one per month.

I'd be truly interested in seeing anything you can provide which substantiates this statement.

I'd be truly interested in seeing anything you can provide which substantiates this statement.

check the bills that are before the committee - same Shit, different day. they still are after all the crap they were trying to ram down our throats last year after Newtown

i agree that it isnt just those of us behind the counter... i am by no means an expert, and i fully admit my ignorance and lack of knowledge when it comes to various things.. i'd much rather say "i'm not sure, let me check" than BS somebody and give them inaccurate information...

but some of my favorites that i've heard as a sales associate at a gun shop:
"uhh.. i have a .. Swift & Western? how much is that worth?"
"i want one of them Trevor guns, with a Picadilly rail"
"i did research and 22LR is the perfect self defense round"
"i need some bullets for my gun" what kind of gun "its a smith and wesson" which one? ​"i dont know, just give me bullets for it"

There have been many variants that have popped up over the last year, and it was also highlighted in the recent debate between David "flaccid penis" Linsky and Mike Wallace. I believe it's part of Bill H.3253. Obviously nothing final has been generated, but they want to eliminate standard capacity magazines. They also want to eliminate FTF transfers, and make every transfer happen via FFL.

This is part of bill H.3253, and it specifies eliminating any transfer of preban magazines unless to a "law enforcement agency."

SECTION 3. Section 123 of chapter 140 of the General Laws, as so appearing, is hereby amended by striking in clause 16 the words:- “that was not otherwise lawfully possessed on September 13, 1994”, and inserting in place thereof the following:— “unless such sale, lease, rent, transfer or delivery is made to a law enforcement agency.”

Last edited:
Or customer asking, " How do you load this thing". WTF!

Maybe not so dumb a question if the person is a graduate of a very large training school where only the instructors load and unload the gun on the range. [rolleyes]

I'd rather that they ask rather than "ass-u-ming" at our local gun club . . . while pointing it in numerous directions other than downrange.

Clerk.. Oh Sub Compact..
me.. you sure?

You should have asked him what the 17 is? [rofl]

Back
Top Bottom