• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Stupid things gun counter clerks say

Oh, had a good one the other week: was having a conversation about licensing in MA, and I explained the steps I went through to get my machine gun license:

Clerk: "Those aren't real"
Me: "..... What?"
Clerk: "Machine gun licenses, they're not real. Just a myth. Mass would NEVER give out something like that"
Me: *take out MGL, slap it on counter*
"Here ya go"
Clerk: *inspects card closely*
"What kind of ****ty printer did you make THIS THING on?? The photo is blurry, the Commonwealth logo looks like crap, the fingerprint is a blob. Maybe this'll fool amateurs, but don't peddle this BS in here. No one has machine guns in MA, they're illegal"

Doesn't EVERYONE'S FID/LTC look like crap? You really, honestly can't fix stupid.
[rofl][rofl2][mg]

I had a good one about a month ago I was looking for .22 ammo at walmart, a women was buying a pellet rifle to get rid of some squirrels someone told her to get pointed pellets and the clerk told her they were against the Geneva convention to use on squirrels! About two months before that I was at a lgs and a newb wanted to see a shot gun that would work for turkeys and busting the occasional clay, the clerk handed him a tactical shotgun with cylinder bore and said this is will do the job!

About two months before that I was at a lgs and a newb wanted to see a shot gun that would work for turkeys and busting the occasional clay, the clerk handed him a tactical shotgun with cylinder bore and said this is will do the job!

I would love to see the look on a FUDDS face if he pulled that out on the skeet/trap range. [rofl]

That explains so very much. [rofl]

There's a reason for all the drummer jokes:

What do you call a guy who hangs out with musicians?
A drummer.

What do you call a drummer without a girlfriend?
Homeless.

How can you tell when there's a drummer at your door?
The knocking gets faster and faster.

What did the drummer get on his IQ test?
Drool.

How do you get a drummer off your porch?
Pay for the pizza.

There's a reason for all the drummer jokes:

What do you call a guy who hangs out with musicians?
A drummer.

What do you call a drummer without a girlfriend?
Homeless.

How can you tell when there's a drummer at your door?
The knocking gets faster and faster.

What did the drummer get on his IQ test?
Drool.

How do you get a drummer off your porch?
Pay for the pizza.
Q: How do you tell if the stage is level?
A: The drool comes out of both sides of the drummer's mouth.

Q: How do you improve the aerodynamics of a drummer's car?
A: Take off the Dominos Pizza sign.

Q: How do you tell if the stage is level?
A: The drool comes out of both sides of the drummer's mouth.

Q: How do you improve the aerodynamics of a drummer's car?
A: Take off the Dominos Pizza sign.

Drum Magazine would have published these, but Feinstein put them out of business in '94.

About two months before that I was at a lgs and a newb wanted to see a shot gun that would work for turkeys and busting the occasional clay, the clerk handed him a tactical shotgun with cylinder bore and said this is will do the job!

I would love to see the look on a FUDDS face if he pulled that out on the skeet/trap range. [rofl]

I've shot trap and did alright (21 outta 25's usually) with my pistol gripped and collapsible stock tactical mossberg 835 (18.5" barrel) at Southborough rod and gun. My buddy came along a couple times with his benelli m4, he shot low teens or something like that. ain't nothing wrong with that, besides we were not going out for any olympic team, just out to have some fun.

Was it one of those times when you can see the ammo right in front of you?

Had some thing like that happen at daddy's junkie music. Needed strings for my acoustic bass guitar.

Clerk "they don't make them"

Me" I just bought my bass from this store a month ago"

Clerk" you mean a upright bass, they don't make a acoustic bass guitar "

Me "you ****ing dumbass what are those two fenders sitting on the walk"

Clerk"o they just use normal bass strings then"

Me " turn the **** around and hand me those strings "
Manger watching the whole time " sorry he's a drummer"

The manager did a good deed giving the drummer a job......he hired a special needs person and that is very noble. Just make sure he doesn't drool on your receipt heh

Surprised no one has yet mentioned when a gun store clerk says "It's illegal to carry an unloaded gun in MA."

I've heard that one more than once.

I was told its illegal to carry one in the chamber .

Been told its illegal to carry a revolver fully loaded .

Been told its illegal to carry one in a chamber on guns like glocks with out a safety switch .

The best,
home gun smithing on your own guns is illegal ..... Took me a good hour to explain to my dad I can mod my guns, build my own guns etc . I just can't make them full auto .

I went into a shop a bit south of me. They had a new in the box Remington 700 factory short action receiver with bolt. It had been there quite a while form the look of the box it was in. There where two guys working one came over and asked if I needed any help I said how much you asking for the Remington action he said that is old stock the owner had and lifted it out of the case on the back of the box was 400.00 in marker. He says 400 bucks. I say ( being the cheap bastard I am "how about 350" ) he says ok. We go to the register and he says what you going to do with it I tell him I have a nice .308 barrel and stock in my shop just waiting for this. He says "you do not want this then this is a short action the .308 is to big for it" then his counter buddy chimes in "yea the .308 is way to big for a short action receiver" I smiled as I filled out the 4473 and replied "I will take my chances"..

Does this only pertain to people requiring a firearm for work only? Security, hired guns, etc.

It appears to be intended to prevent the practice of having unarmed private security carry dummy firearms to display armed capability without the civil liability accompanying use of force.

civil liability accompanying use of force.

Please excuse my noobness. What sort of liability is there if there isn't a real firearm? The fact that people may feel safer seeing armed security when in fact they're not safe cause they're fake? Which means everyone should be carrying their own firearm?

He meant that the company wants the appearance of real firearms, without the civil liability that REAL firearms being used could bring about. It's why my company wont let us used hollow points, they figure they'd get sued. The state probably did this because companies marketed themselves out as armed... without being so.

Shooting through your target and hitting an unintended target seems like more of a liability.

I went into a shop a bit south of me. They had a new in the box Remington 700 factory short action receiver with bolt. It had been there quite a while form the look of the box it was in. There where two guys working one came over and asked if I needed any help I said how much you asking for the Remington action he said that is old stock the owner had and lifted it out of the case on the back of the box was 400.00 in marker. He says 400 bucks. I say ( being the cheap bastard I am "how about 350" ) he says ok. We go to the register and he says what you going to do with it I tell him I have a nice .308 barrel and stock in my shop just waiting for this. He says "you do not want this then this is a short action the .308 is to big for it" then his counter buddy chimes in "yea the .308 is way to big for a short action receiver" I smiled as I filled out the 4473 and replied "I will take my chances"..

I HATE YOU!

Lucky sob.

not from a gun store but from a cop that carried a sig for 10 years then switched to glock.
me: How do you like the new glocks, there a lot ligher huh.
cop: I don't like them they don't have safeties.
me: You're sig didn't have safety so it shouldn't matter right.
cop: what, yes the sig had a safety
me: just staring in disbelief

Back
Top Bottom