• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Stupid AR question

pj150

NES Member
I took apart my Colt AR for a bit of cleaning and found that the rear take down pin now falls out quite easily. There is a channel in the pin where I guess something fits in there. I looked it up and saw that I am missing an 'indent' or 'detent' pin. I will need to obtain one but do these use any kind of filler to hold it in place? It looks like it may be a friction fit but I'd like to ask to be sure.

I did take the stock off. I'm a noob at this. So I am missing a pin and spring.... Is there a schematic somewhere I can look at?

Thanks for that link. That helped. I guess the spring a detent launched out without me knowing it when I took out the pin.

Good luck if you're going to try to find them, once they hit the floor they seem to disappear. If you need to order some check out JDL sales, John is a member hear and it is nice to support the local guy.

Thanks for that link. That helped. I guess the spring a detent launched out without me knowing it when I took out the pin.

Home Depot and lowes sell strong magnets for job site cleanup (which I use for cleaning up steel casing brass) which will help find it.

Back
Top Bottom