• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Striper season coming soon, who's ready?

Nice. I need one of those racks. Did you make them?

No, I actually just bought them this week. Got them from Captain Hook Enterprises. I couldn't take the pile of crap anymore.

http://www.captainhook.net/tacklerack.html

I still haven't figured out what to do with all my bent butt tuna rods and harpoon gear and stuff.....all in due time I guess. This was a huge step in getting the mess cleaned up.

No, I actually just bought them this week. Got them from Captain Hook Enterprises. I couldn't take the pile of crap anymore.

http://www.captainhook.net/tacklerack.html

I still haven't figured out what to do with all my bent butt tuna rods and harpoon gear and stuff.....all in due time I guess. This was a huge step in getting the mess cleaned up.
Thanks. I'm gonna check them out now. I've got rods all over the place. Though clearly not as much as you. Haha.

A buddy said they are following the whales in the canal. He has a place in Mashnee Village and wanted me to join him. How do you reel in a whale?

Skulen iz besd lefd tu teechuz.

^ Great photos!

Besides trout fishing at Nickerson a month ago, I haven't even pulled out any of my fishing gear yet. I plan on getting out there sometime this coming weekend though.

Hit the canal for the late morning slack high tide. Fished on the Cape side across from the herring run, no luck.

I walk the canal frequently just for exercise. I was there late last week and there were like 20 guys all bunched up around the mouth of the herring run throwing various soft bates and plugs. It was comical.

I walk the canal frequently just for exercise. I was there late last week and there were like 20 guys all bunched up around the mouth of the herring run throwing various soft bates and plugs. It was comical.

I ride a womans mountain bike overloaded with stupid money in fishing gear for "exercise"..at least thats what I tell myself when I don't catch anything. I will usually just go to the run and watch. You'll see fist fights,clueless people,upside down reelerinners and various miscreants from society crossing each others line. Ever seen the pencil popping super heroes doing the "huge muscle flex" for battling a 12# fish? I just enjoy the show.

I ride a womans mountain bike overloaded with stupid money in fishing gear for "exercise"..at least thats what I tell myself when I don't catch anything. I will usually just go to the run and watch. You'll see fist fights,clueless people,upside down reelerinners and various miscreants from society crossing each others line. Ever seen the pencil popping super heroes doing the "huge muscle flex" for battling a 12# fish? I just enjoy the show.

[rofl] All good reasons I like to fish far away from those dudes.

There's a tiny river fairly far upstream in the south Cape area where I used to go when the seaworms first hatched. I think it's probably about that time there right now. One day it would be dead. The next day there would be more keepers than schoolies swimming through there and hitting the shit out of anything red and 2" long. I'd buy those Powerbait packs of 6" seaworms and cut them down, put them on a tiny hook and just float them along. Bam, Bam, Bam it was hot for hours. Then suddenly it would dry up and that would go on for a few days and then end until the following year. I haven't done that in probably 4 years. I think I may get down there soon and see what's up.

I see some pretty fancy rigs on the service road and you are right about enjoying the show.

I was really interested in this post until I put my glasses on and realized you were talking about fishing and not a scavenger hunt for dancing ladies. Maybe that will be the next group buy.

Nephew pulled a keeper out of the canal yesterday morning. I'd love to do it more. I love eating them. Top of my list for fish with salmon and halibut

Back
Top Bottom