Storing Ammo in trunk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.malegislature.gov/Laws/GeneralLaws/PartIV/TitleI/Chapter266/Section101

They ya go ;)

you even gave me the link to the page

If its too much to read jump to the bottom
Ok, did you actually read that law?

Section 101. Whoever wilfully, intentionally and without right, by the explosion of gunpowder or of any other explosive, unlawfully damages or destroys property or injures a person, shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison for not more than twenty years or in jail for not more than two and one half years or by a fine of not more than one thousand dollars.

If nothing gets broken and no one gets injured, then explain to how this law has been violated?

Ok, did you actually read that law?

If nothing gets broken and no one gets injured, then explain to how this law has been violated?

Like I said before if you don't believe me that it's illegal, go ahead and do it, but I GUARANTEE that you will lose your license and likely face jail time and heavy charges if caught doing so.

Just because the law isn't posted on this forum doesn't make it's existence any less real. and arguing with me that it is legal is only endangering anyone who believes you.

and yes, the brass will go flying when it explodes, it CAN hurt somebody, I've seen it happen. even with 22's theirs a RISK.

Like I said before if you don't believe me that it's illegal, go ahead and do it, but I GUARANTEE that you will lose your license and likely face jail time and heavy charges if caught doing so.

Just because the law isn't posted on this forum doesn't make it's existence any less real. and arguing with me that it is legal is only endangering anyone who believes you.

and yes, the brass will go flying when it explodes, it CAN hurt somebody, I've seen it happen. even with 22's theirs a RISK.

So you're day to day advice is to go thru life never doing anything that might annoy another person, lest they call the cops on you and you get charged with a ficticious crime?

Dude, bring the full retard at least back to half retard. You could be sitting at a fire and have an ember pop out and blind you, but I'm pretty sure fires aren't illegal. Plenty of people here have sat around fires burning ammo before.

So you're day to day advice is to go thru life never doing anything that might annoy another person, lest they call the cops on you and you get charged with a ficticious crime?

Dude, bring the full retard at least back to half retard. You could be sitting at a fire and have an ember pop out and blind you, but I'm pretty sure fires aren't illegal. Plenty of people here have sat around fires burning ammo before.

way to put words in my mouth and have no grasp on the discussion.

Actually I'm wrong, you clearly have no grasp on anything that relates to our discussion, M1911 and I were discussing legality of ammo in fire, your talking about fire being legal.

and your calling who a retard?

Last edited:

Just because the law isn't posted on this forum doesn't make it's existence any less real.
Again, what law is that? Please post it. As for losing your LTC due to suitability, sure that is a possibility, which I have alluded to above.

and arguing with me that it is legal is only endangering anyone who believes you.
Once again, you are unable to read and comprehend my posts. Please reread them. Nowhere have I suggested to people that they throw ammunition in a fire. In fact, I have specifically agreed with you that it is stupid.

In fact, nowhere have I said that throwing ammunition into a fire is legal. I have asked you to back up your assertion that it is illegal. Which you did by posting a law. I then questioned your interpretation of that law, at which point instead of answering my question you lost your temper and started ranting again.

And when did I say there was not a risk? How great is the risk of serious injury? In my opinion, not all that great.

Once again, please make a clear distinction between what the law is versus what your recommendations are. I certainly agree with recommending against throwing ammunition into a fire. I am not yet convinced that there is a law against it.

way to put words in my mouth and have no grasp on the discussion.

Actually I'm wrong, you clearly have no grasp on anything that relates to our discussion, M1911 and I were discussing legality of ammo in fire, your talking about fire being legal.

and your calling who a retard?

???

I assumed because you were typing words that you also know how to read, but apparently I was wrong since my post was about throwing ammo in the fire and you're apparent fear of having your LTC revoked for something that's not against the law, even though you apparently think is is and you will be burned at the stake by a mob of cops for trying it.

I'm not saying it's not dangerous, nor am I saying you should try throwing an ammo can into a bonfire. As M1911 said above you have yet to point out a law that actually applies.

Last edited:
Like I already said, If nobody wants to believe me, then go ahead and do so, I know its legal in NH, and I have done it there.

You may get away with it in MA, but if you do get caught by police, it won't end we'll for you. that I can promise you. you WILL lose your license, you WILL face jail time, and if not jail time you WILL face very large fines. I don't have links to pages, but you have my word.

If you really feel that I'm saying this just to piss off people and be a buzz kill then good luck to you.

Call me what you want, but I know the laws. and if you don't believe me thats fine, it doesn't matter to me either way.

I don't have links to pages, but you have my word.

Call me what you want, but I know the laws.

Apparently you don't know the laws. If you knew them so well you'd be able to point it out. Don't argue like a liberal. Either present facts or stay out of the discussion when someone calls you out on it.

ETA: I've been wrong plenty of times, just swallow your pride. If you can find an actual law stating what you're claiming I'll be first to post an apology.

Last edited:
You may get away with it in MA, but if you do get caught by police, it won't end we'll for you. that I can promise you. you WILL lose your license, you WILL face jail time, and if not jail time you WILL face very large fines. I don't have links to pages, but you have my word.
And we should trust your word why, exactly?

If you really feel that I'm saying this just to piss off people and be a buzz kill then good luck to you.
What is the matter with you? Really. Are you unable to read? How many times have do I have to say it before you understand it: I agree that throwing ammunition in a fire is stupid.

Just because it is stupid, however, doesn't mean it is illegal.
Call me what you want, but I know the laws.
You know the laws? Which laws are those? The ones that you can't provide a citation to? [rolleyes]

Put up or shut up, dude.

Apparently you don't know the laws. If you knew them so well you'd be able to point it out. Don't argue like a liberal. Either present facts or stay out of the discussion when someone calls you out on it.

Apparently you like to troll, do you have any knowledge on the laws? at all? because I do, I just suck at using the computer and can't search for the life of me.

as I have said more than once, if you don't believe me, then just do it.

But I'd recommend not doing so, like it's been said by so many before, its not safe. but if you REALLY want to waste ammo, go ahead.

And we should trust your word why, exactly?

What is the matter with you? Really. Are you unable to read? How many times have do I have to say it before you understand it: I agree that throwing ammunition in a fire is stupid.

Just because it is stupid, however, doesn't mean it is illegal.

You know the laws? Which laws are those? The ones that you can't provide a citation to? [rolleyes]

Put up or shut up, dude.

The buzzkill thing wasn't directed at you.

If you don't want to trust my word thats your problem, I'm not going to say it's legal though.

If you don't want to believe what I'm saying go ahead head down to the police station, I'm fairly certain of the answer they'll give you, especially in the metrowest area.

If it makes you feel better: I Would Highly recommend not throwing ammo into a fire, I can't find the citation so can't give you solid proof of legality.

But I'm sure the police department can.

[rofl][rofl2]

I've heard almost as much crap about gun laws from cops as I have in gun shops.

Ok.

I don't really want to argue this anymore, theirs no point, we agree on everything aside from my statement of it's legality so that sounds like enough.

I have no proof, so I'm wrong.

Last edited:
I GUARANTEE that you will lose your license and likely face jail time and heavy charges if caught doing so.

ohlord.gif

It means I'm shaking my head at your stubbornness. You're basically saying "Trust me even though I haven't got a shred of proof that I know what I'm talking about."

Or perhaps I'm shaking my head in disbelief.

It means I'm shaking my head at your stubbornness. You're basically saying "Trust me even though I haven't got a shred of proof that I know what I'm talking about."

Or perhaps I'm shaking my head in disbelief.

We'll trust tends to operate on those terms. So yeah, I havn't got a shred of proof, but NOBODY HAS A SHRED OF PROOF AGAINST MY ARGUMENT EITHER (Smileys don't count). Hence why the trust can come into play.

But thats enough of that.

Last edited:
We'll trust tends to operate on those terms. So yeah, I havn't got a shred of proof, but nobody has a shred of proof against me either. Hence why the trust can come into play.

And we have exactly what reason to trust your word? Trust has to be earned first.

Nope, sorry... In G-d we trust; all others pay cash.

We'll trust tends to operate on those terms. So yeah, I havn't got a shred of proof, but NOBODY HAS A SHRED OF PROOF AGAINST MY ARGUMENT EITHER.
And how would you suggest someone do that? You can't prove non-existence. There isn't going to be a law that says "it is legal to throw ammunition in a fire" any more than there is a law that says "it is legal to roast chestnuts over an open fire."

And I never said that it was legal. You've said it is illegal, but you are unable to support your assertion. Provide us a citation that shows it is illegal to throw ammunition in a fire, or stop posting about it. You're in a hole. Stop digging.

And as dwarven1 said, why should we trust you? If RKG or Scrivener or the late Cross-X told me it was illegal, I'd trust them, based on my knowledge of them. But I don't know you from Adam.

Yeah that added alot

I'll add something...

The laws in MA are confusing and restrictive enough without someone making up laws that don't exist.

Most here pride themselves on providing accurate information, and demarcating fact from opinion.

If you cannot provide a citation to support your assertions, please refrain from stating your opinion as fact.

Your failure to do so, coupled with your arrogance, destroys your credibility, IMO.

...I havn't got a shred of proof, but NOBODY HAS A SHRED OF PROOF AGAINST MY ARGUMENT EITHER...

The burden of proof is always on the person making an assertion or proposition. Shifting the burden of proof, a special case of "Argumentum ad Ignorantiam", is the fallacy of putting the burden of proof on the person who denies or questions the assertion being made. The source of the fallacy is the assumption that something is true unless proven otherwise.

SEE: Constructing A Logical Argument

And we have exactly what reason to trust your word? Trust has to be earned first.

Nope, sorry... In G-d we trust; all others pay cash.

Thats cute and all, but seriously, you don't ACTUALLY have to trust me, and I have no see reason to earn your trust lol.

PS: were you trying to spell God? Because if you were you missed a letter if you where.

oh and M1911: remember it was you, not me, who started this based on your mis-understanding what I was stating, this whole thing would have been avoided.

oh and M1911: remember it was you, not me, who started this based on your mis-understanding what I was stating, this whole thing would have been avoided.
My misunderstanding? What misunderstanding is that? You said it is illegal. I asked you for a citation, which you haven't provided.

I've understood you correctly throughout this thread.

Give. It. Up.

My misunderstanding? What misunderstanding is that? You said it is illegal. I asked you for a citation, which you haven't provided.

I've understood you correctly throughout this thread.

Give. It. Up.

Once again you prove you weren't reading, "Sounds fun, but highly illegal" . Meaning its sounds like it could be highly illegal.

I never said" It is illegal"

and I've only said it as my opinion this whole time. and admitted that I have no proof

I never said" It is illegal"

and I've only said it as my opinion this whole time. and admitted that I have no proof
Yet you have no trouble saying "you WILL lose your license, you WILL face jail time, and if not jail time you WILL face very large fines."

Make up your mind.

I'll add something...

The laws in MA are confusing and restrictive enough without someone making up laws that don't exist.

Most here pride themselves on providing accurate information, and demarcating fact from opinion.

If you cannot provide a citation to support your assertions, please refrain from stating your opinion as fact.

Your failure to do so, coupled with your arrogance, destroys your credibility, IMO.

The burden of proof is always on the person making an assertion or proposition. Shifting the burden of proof, a special case of "Argumentum ad Ignorantiam", is the fallacy of putting the burden of proof on the person who denies or questions the assertion being made. The source of the fallacy is the assumption that something is true unless proven otherwise.

SEE: Constructing A Logical Argument

I didn't state my opinion as fact, I stated my opinion as my opinion.

I never said "This is illegal" , I said I believe its very likely illegal, I said I am fairly sure, but never said "I am right, and you are wrong."

Fine, go toss some ammo in your backyard fire and see the response.

Like I said before, you don't have to trust me, or believe me, go ahead and to it if you really want to. I've seen it happen before. with those results. Loss of LTC, And jail time. But don't believe me. I have no proof. nor do I care to search for any. I know what I know. and thats good enough for me

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom