• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Storage Case for Conversion Barrel

Just picked up a Storm Lake 40-9 conversion barrel for my full sized M&P. Does anyone use any small storage containers for their extra barrels that they could recommend? I've tried a couple of things that I had around the house, but everything seems too bulky for what I am looking for. An epipen container came close, but still seems too long for it to be practical.

I don't want the barrel to just be laying around in my range box, so any help would be appreciated.

You get the idea.....
ux_a08061400ux0057_ux_c.jpg

Thanks, everyone. Some cool and creative ideas in here. I found a video on youtube where a guy was using these for his glock conversion kits. I think the dimensions are good enough for the barrel and a couple of 9mm mags.
http://www.amazon.com/Dry-Box-Otter-6-000-3-375/dp/B00KRMZ6VY

I like the sheath idea though. I originally tried a molle style magazine pouch, but it was too big. I'm pretty sure I have a spare multitool sheath somewhere, so i will try that when I can find it.

Thanks, everyone. Some cool and creative ideas in here. I found a video on youtube where a guy was using these for his glock conversion kits. I think the dimensions are good enough for the barrel and a couple of 9mm mags.
http://www.amazon.com/Dry-Box-Otter-6-000-3-375/dp/B00KRMZ6VY

I like the sheath idea though. I originally tried a molle style magazine pouch, but it was too big. I'm pretty sure I have a spare multitool sheath somewhere, so i will try that when I can find it.

At that Amazon link, there's a "Customers also bought" list at the bottom with different sized micro-waterproof boxes.

They make microfiber bags for glasses that might work if you're looking for something compact. I keep my iPhone 6 in it when playing hockey so it should be long enough, I think.

I'll take a picture tomorrow. I have the same barrel for my SAXd. It's a flip top waterproof box with padding in it. Works awesome.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I believe you are over thinking it a bit. Get a dedicated ammo can with 9 mm ammo, mags and that barrel. I've done that for a few years now. Barrel just sits among the mags, no problems. And this way you'll remember or forget to bring everything together.

Back
Top Bottom