Steven Seagal, Lawman

MXD

WARNING WARNING WARNING*******THESE ARE NOT FACTS OF LAW.....I AM MERELY REPEATING WHAT I SAW ON TV WARNING WARNING WARNING [rofl]

I was watching an episode the other day and they pulled over a car with 3 kids in it. They were all under 21 and could not legally posses a firearm. The driver had a gun on him which he claimed was to protect himself because he lived in a bad neighborhood and his uncle was murdered. They ran a check on the kids and they all came back with no record. Seagal took the kids gun because it wasn't legal and sent him on his way. When he was leaving the scene he said "He's obviously a good kid with no record and not out looking for trouble. I don't want to ruin the rest of his life over something like this so I just took his gun and sent him on his way". I was never a big fan of his but I think that just changed.

Last edited:
They were all under 21 and could not legally posses a firearm.
This is not necessarily true. Federal law prohibits someone between the ages of 18 and 20 from PURCHASING a handgun but not from owning/possessing one. I know in NH this is the case as I was given a handgun as a gift from my father for my 18th birthday (and because I looked up the statute). I could legally possess it because it was a gift and NH law allowed it. I believe that Seagal is an officer in Louisiana. I do not know the law in LA with regard to possessing a handgun, but many states have the same law as NH: Possession is allowed if the gun was a gift from a direct relative (parent/grandparent).

Federal law prohibits someone between the ages of 18 and 20 from PURCHASING a handgun
I think the limitation is on purchasing a handgun from a federally licensed dealer, not private sales.

I was just repeating what they said on the show. I have no idea what the law is in LA. His exact quote was "Since he's not 21, he can't legally have this gun so I'm just going to confiscate it and send him on his way"

I was just repeating what they said on the show.
The TV show "COPS" has a MSP officer telling the subject that possession of hollow point or black talon ammo (not sure if it was black talon or HP in general) was illegal, but I don't go around telling people in my classes that such ammo is "illegal to possess in MA".

I suggest you learn to verify sources before stating something as fact. There is a big difference between "so and so stated XYZ" and "XYZ is true". When you relay it as fact, rather than someone's opinion, you are placing your credibility for accurate information on the line.

There is, of course, always the possibility there is a LA state law establishing an age 21 limit for possession, but I am not aware of any such law, and won't assume one exists just because of Segal's comment on a TV show.

I suggest you learn to verify sources before stating something as fact. There is a big difference between "so and so stated XYZ" and "XYZ is true". When you relay it as fact, rather than someone's opinion, you are placing your credibility for accurate information on the line. .

i think he was just repeating what he heard and not stating it as fact

The TV show "COPS" has a MSP officer telling the subject that possession of hollow point or black talon ammo (not sure if it was black talon or HP in general) was illegal, but I don't go around telling people in my classes that such ammo is "illegal to possess in MA".

I suggest you learn to verify sources before stating something as fact. There is a big difference between "so and so stated XYZ" and "XYZ is true". When you relay it as fact, rather than someone's opinion, you are placing your credibility for accurate information on the line.

Dude, I was just starting a small discussion about a TV show. How the F&%# does that qualify as me stating facts......ITS A F*@&#^G TV SHOW! My point was that I thought he was cool about it. I don't give a shit what he told him. I was just setting up the scene of the show. Those are not my interpretations of the law, those are my recollections OF A F@*#&$G TV SHOW! Please go and un-wad your tactical undies now. Thank you

Last edited:

There is, of course, always the possibility there is a LA state law establishing an age 21 limit for possession, but I am not aware of any such law, and won't assume one exists just because of Segal's comment on a TV show.

Rob, you missed the mark here. He was relaying what he saw on a TV show.

Calm down.

People rely on this forum for information. When you state something as fact, for example "They were all under 21 and could not legally posses a firearm", and such is not the case, you serve to perpetuate inaccurate information - even if the source was a F'in TV show.

Scrivener would understand. I think.

Calm down.

People rely on this forum for information. When you state something as fact, for example "They were all under 21 and could not legally posses a firearm", and such is not the case, you serve to perpetuate inaccurate information - even if the source was a F'in TV show.

I edited my original post for you so that no one would read it and ruin their life because they thought my interpretation of a tv show....a F@*#&!G TV SHOW is the last word on law. [laugh2]

Last edited:
Calm down.

and if they rely on this forum for information, then they better not only verify what they read, but perhaps they should realize the thread is called "Steven Seagal, Lawman"[rolleyes]

People should never rely on a forum for "factual" information. They can look to it for guidance but should verify the facts against the laws on the books. The "I read it in a forum" defense is weak sauce.

Anyhoot. I too saw that show. If I remember correctly they stopped them for no seat belts. That seems an awful lot like profiling by skirting the law. They knew the demographic they were stopping and knew what they were looking for from this demographic.

stop saying the F word for goodness sake.. In Louisiana, you must be 21 to purchase a handgun from an FFL. If you are purchasing from a private party you can be 18. You do not need a permit to own, but you need a CHP to carry concealed on your person. I do not know about the gifting.

T.V show = Not entirely true
and seriously if you believe what you see on tv and read in media, im sorry to say but your one dumb MF and you have problems. Steven Segal is a joke and if you rely on him for anything you are severly retarded.

In NH you have to be 21 to purchase a new handgun, and I think either 16 or 18 to purchase one from a relative or close friend. I wouldnt be surprised if other states are the same way.

In NH you have to be 21 to purchase a new handgun, and I think either 16 or 18 to purchase one from a relative or close friend. I wouldnt be surprised if other states are the same way.

The "Age 21 from a federally licensed dealer" is federal law.

States may set their own age - for example, NY and MA both set a minimum age of 21 to possess a permit to possess a handgun.

in Louisiana most handguns do not have to be registered either. The kid was in violation of the law by carrying the gun concealed. You must have a Concealed Handgun Permit, and for that you must be 21.

Thanks Jen. In the spirit of the season, I won't release the flying monkeys, HOWEVER, watch the language.

I edited it. Sorry about that but sometimes I can't believe what a simple post can turn in to and F*** is the only word that I can say [laugh]

Listen, like the guy or not, he has done a lot of charity work and he never looks for publicity. There is an old expression "to whom much is given, much is required". He was given much in life and did much with it. How many people would have just lived off what he made in films and not given anything back. He might be a goofball but he seems like a genuine human being. If nothing else he's a very pro 2a LEO. We need more of those.

Seagal is a has been who just needs to go away for good.

Anyone who does this to Kelly LeBrock deserves to rot in Hell for all eternity:

Before Segal marriage:
kelly_leBrock03-752486.jpg

After:
csh-039932.preview.jpg

I have seen a few episodes. He does seem to be a bit anti-gun, but you have to remember that he is in Jefferson Parish which is Ghetto.. I think if I were a cop there I would be trying to get every gun from every delinquent too. I like him.

Back
Top Bottom