Steve Lyons win's A class Open at the 2008 USPSA Open Nationals !!

Steve,
When I grow up I want to be just like you.[grin] Nicely done!

Respectfully,

jkelly

Anyone else from A7 go? Supermatt?
I went, but I made the mistake of signing up for the match while I was out there to work it. That, running out of borrowed ammo (an using some that "works in everyone's gun" ... but mine) made my entry one of my worst on record. The handheld scoring worked well, and the people who "bet the match" that the Rob/Tom/Scott triumvirate would pull it off were not disappointed.

Thanks everyone. It was a crazy week. The conditions were truly extreme at times. I've brought back a lot of Tulsa mud on my gear.

I certainly wouldn't have been up for the task if I wasn't pushed hard every weekend by Matt, Scott, Mike, and all you other guys. Taking the class and shooting with Todd Jarrett, and having my guns tweaked into SuperComp by Al Zitta went a long, long way. On top of that, I had an amazing squad. My friend, Rebecca Jones, won the ladies Open National title, and our other squad mate, Jessie Abbate, won the ladies L10 and Limited matches. I learned a ton.

I didn't take any photos or vids, it was just too muddy. However, Paul Erhardt kept an fantastic blog at http://www.downrange.tv/blog/

see you at Manville,

Steve

I went, but I made the mistake of signing up for the match while I was out there to work it. That, running out of borrowed ammo (an using some that "works in everyone's gun" ... but mine) made my entry one of my worst on record.

Sounds like the proverbial "perfect storm" of detrimental events.

Did ANY good come out of your going? Well, besides seeing Steve win?

Wow, way to go Steve. There were over 225 Open shooters to compete against. Does this Division win get you the automatic bump to the "M" card?

Congratulations.
-Cuz.

Thanks Larry

Does this Division win get you the automatic bump to the "M" card?

No, not at all. It amounts to a classifier score as my percentage of the match winner, which was 76%. So it is actually lower than my current classification from local and other major matches. I've never actually been able to put up a Master classifier score before.

Thanks Larry

No, not at all. It amounts to a classifier score as my percentage of the match winner, which was 76%. So it is actually lower than my current classification from local and other major matches. I've never actually been able to put up a Master classifier score before.

Do worry big guy, you'll get a M classifier one day. [wink]

It's hard to explain to people just how competitive a typical USPSA match can be. You can multiply the nationals by a factor of 10; and I'm not exaggerating. The best and most committed shooters sacrifice a lot of time, money, and effort, just get a slot for the nationals. What Steve's done is just so impressive when you consider how many masters and grand masters he beat. I'm happy to say that Steve is a friend - Congrats buddy!!

PS: How do I start kettle bell ? [wink]

Last edited:
DAMN STEVE THAT KICKS ASS!!!! See how all the local competition can help push you to becoming one of the best in the frigen country!!! You should prob. take some time off now to collect your thoughts and let the rest of us catch up. HAHA

Keep up the great work!!!

AWESOME SIMPLY AWESOME!!!

Pete

Steve did great. It's great to see someone who is also a good person win. And even better when it's someone from out here where we have such an abbreviated season as compared to a lot of the rest of the country.

Back
Top Bottom