Steel targets from a NES member!

OK, what the hell. Put me down for a centerfire target. I'll pay cash, and meet you for the transaction. If enough others jump in for the price to be better than the PM you sent me, even better.

Come on, NES - this guy is between jobs this time of year and surely could use a little extra cash. Pony up and buy a few targets!!!

Shoot me a confirmation PM and I will get right on it.

I just got back with a new batch of swingers for more .22 targets.

413421_682019580550_1502042461_o.jpg

What's the price on the centerfire targets?

Also, I would be interested in a dueling tree like Hickok45. The ones from Action Target are like $400 with the AR500 steel. If we can get that down to a much cheaper price, I would be interested in that all day long.

I would love to build one, but I can not be competitive using AR500 steel. My local major steel supplier does not even stock it, and they never got back to me with a price for custom orders. It is a goal to move up into that market, but I need to start small first and build a reputation.

I know I am an idiot, but these obviously swing around, right? Like, they're not stationary? I am thinking about getting the .22 ones. I can use them at my club. They allow you to shoot at pretty much anything.

Their paper target holders suck ass to shoot at, so I need to shoot at something else until the indoor range is finished.

they are swinging targets, both the rim fire and the centerfire. both have two targets per spinning section, one on the bottom and a smaller one up top. the 22 target gets pushed into the ground and stands alone, where as the centerfire target has four legs and suspends itself.

Dom

What's the price on the centerfire targets?

Also, I would be interested in a dueling tree like Hickok45. The ones from Action Target are like $400 with the AR500 steel. If we can get that down to a much cheaper price, I would be interested in that all day long.

Oh man. That would be awesome!

Like ntomsw asks, have you, [cerberus], considered designing a dueling tree? I would consider donating one to my club, if the price was reasonable.

I have looked at Dueling trees, and based on what I have seen, they are not all that complicated. I will have to start looking at a design and coming up with pricing, the more confirmations I can get the better the price will be.

My big boy (centerfire) target came in from cerberus today!

1. My UPS driver is probably not happy dragging that h e a v y box up to the house.

2. Matt packed the hell out of it. I can't imagine parts that I'm going to shoot getting damaged by the box being accidentally dropped by the shipper, but I appreciate the effort of protecting the merchandise.

3. It's possible that there was an instruction sheet in there somewhere, but I didn't look. I took it as a compliment that Matt thought I could put this together without a three language instruction book and a toll-free call to some help center in Bangalore.

It literally can only assemble one way, and it's obvious where all round stock, plates, nuts, bolts, washers, and pins are placed.

4. Something simple, but everything lined up and balanced perfectly. (Of course it should, but we all know how annoying it is when you have to start "fixing" a new toy you just bought.)

5. Regarding Duxprep's comment about splash, you could only hang two of the plates on the bottom of the pivot brackets if you wanted and it should function fine.

6. I'm just going to break this down into three subassemblies to move to new locations or storage. Manageable, quick, and easy.

Part two (pew-pew test) of my review will have to wait until the weekend.

Thanks, Matt! [thumbsup]

(Edit: And thanks to THESAW for starting this thread.)

Last edited:
I'm thinking I would love to see some prices on the centerfire targets, the rimfire targets and a (hopefully) future dueling tree. I'm happy to take it to PM, but is everyone getting different pricing or something?

I haven't wanted to talk money in a non for-sale thread, as I did not want to tread on any forum rules about for sale items.

Gibbs:

Thanks for the comments, I never even thought of making instructions. I packed it up good so it won't shift when it is getting carried around and rip out of the box. Those big plates are heavy, and if one fell the length of the box could damage some toes pretty easy after it blew through the box haha.

Is most everyone here bringing these to their respective ranges, or do you guys have enough land to shoot these at your houses?

If I get either or, I have to bring it to my club. I was just curious.

Is most everyone here bringing these to their respective ranges..

Yes, I will. Easy enough to transport. If I break it down a bit further, it may fit in a rifle bag...maybe two, just 'cause of the weight.

...or do you guys have enough land to shoot these at your houses?

A friend just invited me to set it up on his back forty near where the fox keeps appearing...

Last edited:
[cerberus said:
;2710517]For those of you who are intersted in dueling trees, how many plates would you like to see 6 or 8? That would be 3 or 4 per side.
More is better. I won't be in for a dueling tree for at least a few months though.

I spent this morning adding some needed upgrades to my bending jig for the .22 swinger targets that I saw were needed from the last run, and banged out 25 new frames in quick order. Got down to about one a minute from one pile to being put in the finished pile.

It isn't the prettiest thing, but it works really well and was free except my time to build it.

704319_683015674370_1131409683_o.jpg

A new batch of .22 swingers is ready to ship just in time for Christmas.

I will also be starting a dueling tree prototype next week once my new plasma cutter arrives. It will stand a little over 5 feet tall and can switch plates between .22 rated, or center fire pistol rated. You can buy it with both sets, or just one and upgrade later. The base has two configurations for vertical or forward leaning and has feet that will accept stakes to keep it secure while in use.

DT22Assembly.jpg

The plasma cutter I got monday was total junk, and lasted about 5 minutes. I said to heck with it and purchased a made in usa model. I have to say it is night and day difference.

I cut out some aluminum templates and did a test cut. It will save me so much time making the swingers.

IMAG0670_zpsea53c836.jpg

I have really been putting it to use today. I fabbed up a cheap cutting table from some scrap my dad has collected while he was working. Cutting out a few of them to ship out this week.

57059_685305236070_729516792_o.jpg

[cerberus];2752940 said:
Another frame with spare plates getting shipped out tomorrow.

464340_685675189680_549466801_o.jpg

Looks familiar!!!! Guys, I received this set up from Matt the other day and my UPS guys was NOT happy lugging the 65lb box up to my house [grin] I can honestly say that the quality and price are far better than anything else you will find and Matt even shipped this beauty overnight for one low price!!!!

I plan to wear out a set of plates with 45ACP and 9mm pistols later this week and will post some pictures of the results.....

THANK YOU MATT!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom