Steel shoot MVGC Fri Jan 30 7pm

clerk.mvgc

NES Member
MVGC will host a steel shoot Fiday nite Jan 30th at 7pm. I'm still undecided whether to go man on man or agianst the clock. What do you guys prefer?

As always, all shooters are welcome, you don't have to be a MVGC member. Beginners also very welcome!

MVGC will host a steel shoot Fiday nite Jan 30th at 7pm. I'm still undecided whether to go man on man or agianst the clock. What do you guys prefer?

As always, all shooters are welcome, you don't have to be a MVGC member. Beginners also very welcome!

It would be nice if you told us what "mvgc" means...

-Cuz.

Man against man gets more people shooting at one time and it's much more fun to watch. It also seems to introduce more pressure on the shooters involved. All of these are good things. Shooting for time is kinda dull.

You could also do both.
Start off a couple/few runs shooting against the clock and then have a shoot off.

This might be a good way for the newer shooters that have not shot "man on man" to get warmed up before adding pressure.

You could also do both.
Start off a couple/few runs shooting against the clock and then have a shoot off.

This might be a good way for the newer shooters that have not shot "man on man" to get warmed up before adding pressure.

Excellent idea PMD, I think that may be the way to go!

I don't have a preference but I will be there.

PMD, that is a good idea. Was wondering if autos and revos will be seperated and if we draw from the holster or from the ready.

We can seperate revolvers and autos if there's enough of us wheel gun afficienados to make up a relay (or more). I plan to bring both auto and revolvers.

We start from low ready (bottom of muzzle touching the table).

What is the set up? Target size and Distance?

Respectfully,

jkelly

I wish I knew about this earlier as I would have come down. I use to come down there every Friday night in the winter and always had a blast. When will the next match be?

Pete

Steel or pins 4th friday of the month thru May:

Steel on Jan 30
Pins on Feb 27
Probably 2 or 3 IPSC/IDPA type stages March 27 if interest warrants
Steel or pins April 24
Steel or pins May 22

PPC 2nd friday of the month thru May

Beginners and non-MVGC members always welcome!

Hey Clerk... When do the shoots usually wind down? I'm trying to get an idea so I can plan something for afterwards. Thanks!

I can't speak for the steel shoot tonight, but the PPC shoot a couple of weeks ago was winding down about 9:15 or so.

wmccurdy53: If what you mean is it runs too late, I'm with you. That's one big advantage of shooting man on man. Shoot goes twice as fast. Get 30 guys or more in there and shoot against the clock and nobody is going to be doing much shooting. I no longer shoot at MRA because they shoot time only and the last time I was there it took 50-55 minutes between shooting times. They get about 30 people. Takes a few minutes between shooters. Do the math. I like the guys at MRA, don't like the timed shoot format because I tend to fall asleep.

wmccurdy53: If what you mean is it runs too late, I'm with you. That's one big advantage of shooting man on man. Shoot goes twice as fast. Get 30 guys or more in there and shoot against the clock and nobody is going to be doing much shooting. I no longer shoot at MRA because they shoot time only and the last time I was there it took 50-55 minutes between shooting times. They get about 30 people. Takes a few minutes between shooters. Do the math. I like the guys at MRA, don't like the timed shoot format because I tend to fall asleep.

You crack me up...don't like timed format....

!

Hey Clerk... When do the shoots usually wind down? I'm trying to get an idea so I can plan something for afterwards. Thanks!

You can always be there early and sign up for the early relays. I should be there by 6:00 at the latest. We'll probably set up some poppers and do some more, less formal, shooting when the relays are done, for those that want to continue shooting. Personally, if I leave the club before 11 I don't feel like I shot enough LOL!

Back
Top Bottom