State Reps and Senators' letter to the AG

Everyone on Nes has to call and email each of these 58 and thank them for taking their oath to uphold the constitution seriously after that we have to call all the other and tell them they should resign that broke ther oath of office

Unfortunately 58 out of 200 pretty much is what we can expect in this state. We need people who are represented by the other 142 to mobilize and vote some of these people out.

"We want to be clear that we are not opposed to revisiting the state's gun laws periodically to ensure that they are up to date" Doesn't sound to great

Even after he responded to emails with great concern I don't see State Senator Michael Rodrigues on there either but we sure have a lot of support!

Good to see my rep's signature (Zlotnik). I hadn't heard from him, but I'll take his signature on this letter over any response sent to me. Actions speak louder than words.

I have a sneaking suspicion he's more upset at being usurped than the 2A issue... Perhaps when he's old enough to drink coffee, we can take invite him out for a cup and see where his head is at.

how about a bill that defines the words copies and duplicates to be exact copies feature for feature.

It would take one sentence and re-establish the english language and the intented neaning

Gale the whale Candares is missing. had they included a Big Mac in the deal, she would have signed. Must have been a free dinner somewhere.

We actually wanted this undone today and not this letter. So not what we wanted from today's demonstration but it seems some of the pols took that message seriously...One of mine did anyway which actually shocked me. He still supports the ban the way is was prior to Wednesday though which is a hot button issue with me. But at least now I know there is a line it seems he isn't willing to cross so I guess that is progress.

So now I think we push even harder. More e-mails and phone calls and those rep\s not on the list get on them as well. Tell them this is something we will not stand for and we will negative campaign against them until this AWB is repealed. We don't need the hearts of people we just need their minds thinking logically like we do.

The biggest thing is to get that dictatorial power away from this and all future AG's.

Last edited:
Personally, I'm completely stunned that Golden and Nangle form Lowell put their names on this...small miracles

The representatives left 10s of thousand of their constituents in legal limbo until at least the next term because they legally exercised a civil right that happens to not be in vogue. This is completely unacceptable. A letter is nice, but in a big system where the political party puts itself first, I have to wonder if it really means anything. Some of these people may have just signed to placate their voters because they know it will not go anywhere. They should have at least pulled the wording from the ban to cut the AG's legs out. I like my rep, and am glad she signed the letter, but it did not change my status. Too bad I am not a teenage girl that got up-skirted. That would have been resolved today.

We actually wanted this undone today and not this letter. ...
The biggest thing is to get that dictatorial power away from this and all future AG's.

That was a wildly unrealistic expectation.

Personally, I'm completely stunned that Golden and Nangle form Lowell put their names on this...small miracles

I suspect many who signed are pissed because she stole their thunder, not because she effectivle banned semiautomatic rifles.

she doesn't care. she's betting on hillary win the election and this is her political capital to step on the AG position lynch left. lynch is going to be in the supreme court and bill made a deal with her.

I hope Google Drive doesn't have bandwidth limits...the link in the OP is being shared from my personal google drive [laugh]

I said this in the other thread, but as glad as I am for this start, the letter isn't worth the paper it's printed on unless the legislature does something that has actual teeth in it.

I said this in the other thread, but as glad as I am for this start, the letter isn't worth the paper it's printed on unless the legislature does something that has actual teeth in it.

I think it is encouraging to know we actually have a voice in there (this is what stopped this from passing as legislation after the state-wide listening tour), but we don't have a strong enough voice that they can pass the laws we need to protect us in cases like this.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom