State Dems accused of pushing ‘backdoor gun tax’ on lawful firearm owners

Reptile

NES Member

Colorado firearm owners face 'gun control by another name,' Denver publication writes​

A local news outlet accused Colorado Democrats of pushing a "backdoor gun tax" through legislation that would require firearm owners to purchase liability insurance.

Three state Democrats — two representatives and one senator — on Feb. 13 introduced the legislation, which would require gun owners to maintain insurance that covers anyone injured from an accidental shooting. Failure to buy the extra coverage would face a $500 fine for the first offense and $1,000 for the second.

"That’s right, the same ‘justice reform’-obsessed lawmakers who had to be publicly shamed into cracking down on auto theft last year after previously reducing it to a misdemeanor — have no problem socking it to lawful gun owners," The Denver Gazette's editorial board wrote Sunday.

Continues...

I think it's a great idea. Now let's have a poll tax. $1,000 to vote.

Maybe a Stamp Act. $500 per blog or article.

How about Uncle charges you $800 a month NOT to quarter troops in your home?

So, how much the liability insurance would cost? maybe $800 a year or less? Well, I rather to pay the $500 fine if something happened. Again if something happened. Problem solved. 🤣

This should work well since criminals are generally broke. So by making insurance unobtainable for them they will be forced to abandon/ surrender all guns they currently own. What a well thought out plan. I approve.

... what do I win? [smile]

This play has been going on for a while
Pay the insurence rate (too much of a risk) if you can find one that will give you a policy or get rid of your guns
Thats the back door gun ban

Back
Top Bottom