Stash Of Vietnam Era Chinese Made SKS Rifles Recently Imported

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
Just got this notice from PSA:

These are authentic Vietnam Era Military Surplus Chinese Type 56 SKS rifles, manufactured at the #26 Jianshe Arsenal factory. This lot of rifles was stored in a neutral country for the last 20 years, so they are able to be imported and available to the public now! Unique, battle-worn characteristics define this classic SKS rifle as they have everything from wear marks, scars, and even some have amazing trench art etched into the wooden stock. These rifles were stored with heavy amounts of cosmoline in order to protect them from rust and other environmental factors over the decades. The rifles come complete with spiker-style bayonets, a ten-round box magazine, and adjustable iron sights.

These rifles will vary in condition. The image above represents a range of conditions that are common for these military turn-in SKS rifles. Each rifle is going to be sold as-is and we are not offering hand-picked selections for purchases. All rifles are complete and fully functional but will need to be cleaned thoroughly prior to usage.

In regards to the varying condition of the stocks, we have found some with just minor scratches and dings and others with dents, gouges, and cracks caused by battle use and storage. The metal components were very well preserved by the cosmoline, and the functionality will reflect that.

Assuming they're part of the same batches imported from Albania that Classic and all of the other milsurp vendors have been importing, hard pass based on what I've seen on various forums.

Assuming they're part of the same batches imported from Albania that Classic and all of the other milsurp vendors have been importing, hard pass based on what I've seen on various forums.

I don't know, but very well could be, it's the first I've heard of it.

I don't know, but very well could be, it's the first I've heard of it.
Chinese SKS have been coming into US for the past few months regularly from several vendors. I did notice PSA was starting to sell them. I know at least three other vendors that have been advertising since last autumn, Chinese SKS imported via Albania (often called "a neutral country" - that's exactly how Classic explained it).

These,are the same ones that Classic,and a few others have been selling
for a while.I picked up two when they had the special for $299 each.

Gotta love Massachusetts. lol I’d like to have a couple SKS’s all cleaned up and stored but I just can’t see buying something sight unseen, especially when they’re 50+ yrs old. Total crap shoot.

Gotta love Massachusetts. lol I’d like to have a couple SKS’s all cleaned up and stored but I just can’t see buying something sight unseen, especially when they’re 50+ yrs old. Total crap shoot.
I picked up a Chinese sks about 3 years ago from kittery trading post. They have em from time to time and thankfully understand that a 10 round fixed mag means it is not part of the mass awb bullshit at all. Cash and Carry.

It's actually a pretty nice carbine for the money and cheap to feed. Mines been very reliable using red army standard steel case ammo and rings steel at 100 yards very easily. After the trigger job from kivaari of course.

I don't shoot mine often......4-5 times a year. It sits oiled up in the safe. Nice to have.

I picked up a Chinese sks about 3 years ago from kittery trading post. They have em from time to time and thankfully understand that a 10 round fixed mag means it is not part of the mass awb bullshit at all. Cash and Carry.

It's actually a pretty nice carbine for the money and cheap to feed. Mines been very reliable using red army standard steel case ammo and rings steel at 100 yards very easily. After the trigger job from kivaari of course.

I don't shoot mine often......4-5 times a year. It sits oiled up in the safe. Nice to have.

I’ll have to take a ride up there sometime and look around. Haven’t been there since I was a kid.

I used to have a couple very nice chinese SKS Spikers and a couple Russians as well. Back in the Want Ad days for $99.00 each. Sold them all after my second son was born and we needed money, thinking they’d always be around there was so many of them back then. Still regret that.

I’ll have to take a ride up there sometime and look around. Haven’t been there since I was a kid.

I used to have a couple very nice chinese SKS Spikers and a couple Russians as well. Back in the Want Ad days for $99.00 each. Sold them all after my second son was born and we needed money, thinking they’d always be around there was so many of them back then. Still regret that.
Ktp is a great place for used guns.

New.....not so much prices are high.

Probably tainted with coronavirus

No coronavirus in Albania.

O.K. So that begs a question. I remember that "neutral country" stuff from like 5-7 years ago when I got my Albanian surplus SKS's.

WHY can't they just say Albania? As someone who is very proud of their Albanian heritage, I find it strange to say the least.

I never thought much of the SKS rifles years ago.
Picked up an unfired Yugo and cleaned all the Satan snot off it a few years ago.
Makes me wish I has grabbed a few when they were like 35 bucks.
The Mrs. will shoot that thing all day and it's an accurate gun.

Back
Top Bottom