Starting a UZI build using Mckay Receiver and bolt

You can take the nut from the folding stock, modify it, and use it to permanently attach the wooden stock. Here is the how-to for the permanent stock attachment mod - with pics -post #44

The wooden stock is significantly better than the metal one anyway for shooting. I just filed the ears off of the lug, so it can't mount a bayo, leave the lug body on. A bayo on a Uzi is almost as useful as a bayo on a handgun anyway. :)

Mass-complaint fixed stock, (must use a tool to remove most fixed are quick release) 16" barrel and remove the bayonet lug.

Just bought a cool violin/uzi carrying case from akcases. They sell them on their website at http://shop.akases.com . But they also seem to post a different case on ebay every week. I paid only $175 on their ebay site.

View attachment 88140View attachment 88141

Post some pictures of that when you get it all set up, that is bad ass. That makes me want an Uzi a little more.

To bad rifles can't lose a feature if the mag goes in the grip like the pistol awb .

lol awb.

here's a couple pics of mine, just waiting on the Green Mountain barrel to get here, tomorrow I think. Also, the wooden stock, then I'll function check it.. after that, guncoat the parts and we be ready to rock and roil. I just added the rail on the forward grip... just in case and working on another rail in front of the rear sight for a red dot like Beakers...

Attachments

• Uzi-1.jpg
    Uzi-1.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 59
  • Uzi-2.jpg
    Uzi-2.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 55
  • Uzi-3.jpg
    Uzi-3.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 49
Looking good!

here's a couple pics of mine, just waiting on the Green Mountain barrel to get here, tomorrow I think. Also, the wooden stock, then I'll function check it.. after that, guncoat the parts and we be ready to rock and roil. I just added the rail on the forward grip... just in case and working on another rail in front of the rear sight for a red dot like Beakers...

Got my Green Mountain barrel in today....... I think I'm ready to hit the range for a little test and tuning....

Attachments

• Uzi-4.jpg
    Uzi-4.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 49
Went out in the middle of the snow storm to my local range..... beautiful!!! I just blasted 10-12 rounds off, functioned flawless. Brought the Uzi down to my shop and had my son tig weld the folding stock.... it's not folding anymore. Just dropped a nice little bead on the 1st joint, made a little half moon washer to go under the push button and tacked it in place...

I hope this has been ok with NHfiat.... I just hate to start another UZI THREAD... let me know..

Attachments

• Uzi-5.jpg
    Uzi-5.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 38
  • Uzi-6.jpg
    Uzi-6.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 41
Went out in the middle of the snow storm to my local range..... beautiful!!! I just blasted 10-12 rounds off, functioned flawless. Brought the Uzi down to my shop and had my son tig weld the folding stock.... it's not folding anymore. Just dropped a nice little bead on the 1st joint, made a little half moon washer to go under the push button and tacked it in place...

I hope this has been ok with NHfiat.... I just hate to start another UZI THREAD... let me know..

No problems.. Looks Good.

I may make another one.

I got the case from AKcases http://shop.akases.com/main.sc It is a great case. They charge $245 at their web store, but they put one or two up on ebay every week. I got mine off their ebay store for $175

Here is the case in the close, open empty, and open with the UZI. I highly recommend the case.

c_closed.jpg c_open.jpg c_in.jpg

The only problem is it looks like the same violin case that my kid has for their violin. It would be bad for everyone involved, if the wrong case was taken to school. I think I will keep this one, locked in the gun room.

I got the case from AKcases http://shop.akases.com/main.sc It is a great case. They charge $245 at their web store, but they put one or two up on ebay every week. I got mine off their ebay store for $175

Here is the case in the close, open empty, and open with the UZI. I highly recommend the case.

View attachment 88676View attachment 88677View attachment 88678

The only problem is it looks like the same violin case that my kid has for their violin. It would be bad for everyone involved, if the wrong case was taken to school. I think I will keep this one, locked in the gun room.

That is bad ass.

Back
Top Bottom