Starting a UZI build using Mckay Receiver and bolt

I am starting a uzi carbine build using a the McKay Uzi Semi Auto fully welded receiver and McKay UZI type semi-auto bolt assembly (Both available at http://store.mckay-ent.com) With a IMI UZI Completion Kit for McKay designed for use with these products. (http://www.robertrtg.com/nodakuzi.html) And a new 16inch barrel. No welding or hard gun smithing is supposedly needed. Mckay made the nodak uzi receiver. Nodak no longer sells it, so McKay is selling the uzi parts direct now. I will start posting how it goes when the final parts get here this week.

uzi_receiver-1.jpg nodakcompletionkitforuzi2.jpg bolt.jpg

This looks to be an easier build than yours. The McKay kit uses SMG cover and other parts to make a semi automatic UZI. I buy those three things and add a barrel and I have all the parts and I am ready to go.

But we will see if that is the case.

Mark

That's why I bought this receiver. It is completely ready to drop in for a semi-auto uzi build. No welding, and hardly any gunsmith. And the completion kit I got from RTG has only the pieces I need. All ready to assembly. Nothing to de-mill.

Unfortuately there is no instructions. I will be creating instructions and pictures as I do this. When I have all the pieces in a few days. I should be as simple as assembling the various pieces.

Last edited:
You can also check on www.UZITALK.com the Library is a wealth of knowledge, and Im sure any problems you run into can be answered there... Like how to weld up the FA grip assemble so that it can not be set to Full Auto, unless that has already been done on the completion kit you purchased..

I'm interested, but I need to know the typical cost to start a Uzi build. This might be a 2014 project.

Sent from my Tinfoil hat

Uzi Semi Auto Receiver - Fully Welded $225. This recover is semi auto and is ready to drop into parts from a parts kit.
Semi auto bolt

Uzi Semi Auto Bolt Assembly $225

McKay completion kit. Everything else you need except the barrel. $129

Barrel $120 to $130 for a semi automatic 16in barrel.

Links for everything but the barrel are in post #1

I mean.... why not make a pistol if you don't mind me asking? One of the post said he was buying a 16 inch barrel .

If I'm not totally confused, you can easily change the barrels on these since they screw in.

I've been following a few build threads on these on another site and I got the idea to build it as a pistol first, then when I want I can legally toss some parts on it and make it a carbine.

The reason I ask is why limit your self. If I lived in a free state all my ar's would be a "pistol" so u could legally convert them if I got a urge to shoot it like that ..

Last edited:
I mean.... why not make a pistol if you don't mind me asking? One of the post said he was buying a 16 inch barrel .

If I'm not totally confused, you can easily change the barrels on these since they screw in.

I've been following a few build threads on these on another site and I got the idea to build it as a pistol first, then when I want I can legally toss some parts on it and make it a carbine.

The reason I ask is why limit your self. If I lived in a free state all my ar's would be a "pistol" so u could legally convert them if I got a urge to shoot it like that ..

You really over think all of this stuff. If you lived in a free state, you wouldn't worry so much about it.

Sent from my phone.

come north, ben. bring that girl of yours, we got her hooked with the woman-sized AR. teach her properly and she'll be ONE OF USSSS.

come north, ben. bring that girl of yours, we got her hooked with the woman-sized AR. teach her properly and she'll be ONE OF USSSS.

I wish she was lol , I'd move north so fast if i wasn't helping out with some family stuff.

I might of over thought this doesn't mean I worry that much tho ;) lol .

My preference is the original Israel look with the SBR barrel. I just don't like the pistol for some reason. It cost me $90 for the 16 inch barrel. It will cost me $60 for the original length SBR barrel. Not sure how behind the ATF is right at at approving SBR permits. I live in Nashua. Getting the local PO signature should not be an issue. The wait is at least 16 months. It takes about 5 minute to change the barrel on these items. So I will live with it as a carbine until I get the SBR back.

I ordered my receiver and bolt from McKay. Been waiting a while for these to show back up. I'll be interested to see how your build goes. I've been studying Beaker's thread.

Did you get a semi-auto sear, or are you going to mod your SMG sear? I am ordering a SA today because I don't want to screw up hacking up the SMG one.

Cool. I think that is the way to go.

One thing though, hope you remembered this: you do need to weld in a blocking plate for the safety selector per ATF rules. From what I understand, JB Weld or epoxy is not acceptable, it needs to be legit welding.

Beaker covers that on page 4 of his build guide. I am doing it the same as he did, steel sheet around 1/16th inch thick. I'm going to drill two holes in it and just plug weld it in place though to make it a little easier on the welding.

Since I'm in MA, I also have to deal with the wooden stock, but you don't have to worry about that.

Back
Top Bottom