Started My first build ever

Thanks? Lol. I'm not feeling the m&p 15 logo on the other side.
I might repaint the whole gun once I'm done two tone green and black. Idk just wish this month would be over so I can buy my upper and be done with it.
Buddies getting married so I got a bunch of bills I didn't know where coming. Friend forgot to tell me I was in the wedding till two days befor the cut off for tuxs etc.

u5eda9yt.jpg

yma8u5a2.jpg

Bcg is a national match grade . 100$ from co worker never used.

haty2uzu.jpg

Stripped upper with forward assist and ejection port cover installed. Dad got me it got a Xmas gift at the Plymouth gun show.

y7unydat.jpg

No name hand guard I got at collectors today for 70.

6ameduze.jpg

Now all I need is a barrel and gas block that I can mount my flip up front sight on . The hand guard is 12.5 inches long including the nut.

Wow it's really been 5 months since I started this build . Haven't updated it some time , since I couldn't find my own thread.

So right before the New Years I hit up a gun store in nh with Loki.
He talked me into buying a piston kit for my ar build even tho I just bought a bcg a week or two before."dude it would make your ar run better like a ak"

Long story short only reason I bought it was cause it was marked down to 150$ new in the box. It's a osprey piston carbine length setup.
pujagusy.jpg

If you read this thread so far you might go wait a sec he was building more of a long range ar. Well shtf as all you know and I said f it when stuff comes down in price ill build a mono upper for that.
Figured a small "combat style upper" as I like to think of it in my head lol would be a better idea and deiced to get a 16" m4 style barrel mainly the price was good and I could order it.

Well I got home and realized real fast the hand guard I had wouldn't work with the osprey kit.

I wanted a smooth style hand guard cause I don't plan on have a crazy amount of stuff stuck on the rails. The magpul hand guard would work but I couldn't use the magpul front sight with it .Didn't want to waste more money . There's another company's hand guard I could use with it tho but I wanted to use a free float.

I said screw it and ordered the Midwest hand guard that works with the osprey piston kit. I went with cheaper then dirt cause they had the best price and had it in stock. I swore I wouldn't order crap from them from what they did. But my dad had a bunch of coupons etc.

Well I got the hand guard today and magpul front grip.
Open it up and went O no!!

I ordered the wrong one :(

Called them up and there gonna exchange it for free and cover the price difference . I explained I saw they had it listed cheaper at different ware house but the link was the wrong part and I didn't notice lol . So there not that bad lol.

une4edes.jpg

Quick mock up to get a idea what it will look like .
Gonna send it back tomorrow and wait till the right one shows up.

Side note got a delta ring and nut set from bravo .(thought I was gonna go with a non free float when I bought it)
Still gonna need the nut for the hand guard I'm using.

Also from bravo picked up a spare firing pin(to rebuild my first bcg since I striped the parts for the piston kit) . Gun fighter large latch charging handle .
Low profile gas block and a muzzle device.

So after I get my barrel from the group buy not tom took over for me all I need is a roll pin for the gas block since I lost the one in the osprey kit lol .

I think that bring this thread to the point I'm at now .

So I got the barrel last night .
And when I got home around midnight I finished it up go me !!

After getting the wrong hand guard from cheaper then dirt I said f it and didnt exchange it with them and just got my money.

I deiced to spend a little more and got the free float hand guard from Midwest that works with the osprey piston kit.

So finale build spec's

S&W M&P15 lower

Rock river lpk

Ace A2 or A1(i forget) length butt stock and buffer kit.

Stag upper receiver that had forward assist and ejection port door installed.

Osprey carbine piston kit with the bolt from a nm bcg(till I get another bolt)

Bravo company
Large latch gun fighter charging handle
Barrel nut
Low profile gas block.

Yhm muzzle device.

Midwest industry two piece free float hand guard.

ess solutions m4 16 inch chrome barrel.

Magpul afg

Some cheap Walmart red dot . Ill explain that lol.
I bought a set of magpul flip up sight off a NESer . They turned out to be fake knock offs or airsoft sights. They broke in my hand.
Ill use the cheap red dot till I spring for some flip ups .
Only other thing ill need is a sling mount for the front end.. But the gun is done and ready to shoot.

urenapab.jpg

1am lol
aqapyvu5.jpg

edare3uq.jpg

u8uhy9ug.jpg

ahysyre3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom