• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Stack on safe: Need lower barrel supports

Palladin

NES Member
I have the basic Stack-on safe...16 position. The barrel supports are set for shotguns/rifles with at least a 24" barrel. Most of the long guns I have are carbine configuration...10/22, AR, AK, etc.

The supports are screwed into a bracket factory welded to the safe. In order to lower the bracket, should I simply drill a hole thru the rear of the safe and lower the supports?

Any ideas?

Weird, mine go into that same safe no problem. You're probably better off just getting some insulation foam, cutting it to your specs, and affixing it to the walls of the safe.

The mounts are set at 36"...I'd like to get the mount to support mid-barrel rather than the sights. in fact, my M1 & AK don't even reach.

I stacked a bunch of ammo cans on one side in the bottom of mine and put some foam on top. All of the short guns go on that side.

I stacked a bunch of ammo cans on one side in the bottom of mine and put some foam on top. All of the short guns go on that side.

I did just about the same thing with mine. I took the big piece of foam that came with the packaging of the safe and cut out two squares to fit the floor of the safe. It brings my carbines and such to just the right height.

ok. done..I cut a 2x6 the width of the safe, put it on 6" legs, stapled an old towel to it....instant 6" shelf! The carbines can rest on it, they now reach the barrel supports and I have increased some storage space under the shelf!

found a can of powder & 1000 large pistol primers in there to boot!

Back
Top Bottom