Squirrel Rage

I don't know what's more sad:

A) Living in a place where shooting squirrels can get your gun confiscated.

-or-

B) Living somewhere where your neighbors complain to the police that you are shooting squirrels and the Po-Po give a sh!t!

As a kid I dropped several that were chewing their way into our attic. My biggest worry was missing, damaging the house, then the subsequent ass kicking from Dad. Poor guy can't even protect his house from forced entry.

Thank god they captured and stopped this dangerous criminal.

pretty thickly settled area. I'm a pretty easy going dude but I would be pretty pissed off if my next door neighbor was touching off a shotty in the yard. It's not like he's on his own 10 acre lot, these are like quarter acre yards.

That's pretty loud/annoying/disrespectful of your neighbors.

pretty thickly settled area. I'm a pretty easy going dude but I would be pretty pissed off if my next door neighbor was touching off a shotty in the yard. It's not like he's on his own 10 acre lot, these are like quarter acre yards.

That's pretty loud/annoying/disrespectful of your neighbors.
Shotgun "reported", 22cal actually used.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Too densely populated area to be firing any kind of gun. I'm a bit surprised they didn't call out SWAT (Ya I know they disbanded but you get the idea). And the FPD not arresting him does not fit with their normal operation, he has to know someone.

So sorry for the people in MA. I told my husband to get a suppressor so he would stop scaring the cats when shooting the squirrels that were chewing on the house and bird feeder. No problem up here.

Ah Massachusetts, where a police officer can have a negligent discharge resulting in the victim's death and just have it be "an unfortunate accident for which no charges are appropriate," (and not even lose his job for that matter) but in that same jurisdiction a man who shoots a squirrel on his own property gets his LTC revoked, guns confiscated, and face criminal charges.

Last edited:
Re the comments about cans, quiet ammo, and crossbows....this guy was not hunting. He was raging (as the thread title mentions), and if he'd had a .50, instead of a .22, would probably have used that. If he'd not had a .22, there would have been something else: 5-iron, Louisville slugger, Molotov Cocktail.

Squirrels make you squirrely! [laugh]

My hunting buddy's father was an oil burner repair guy. Hated the squirrels getting into his bird feeders.
He wrapped some wire mesh around the base of the tree where his feeder was hanging, and ran some wires to a spare oil burner transformer.
Puttering in his cellar, he kept an eye on the tree, when he saw a tree rat heading for the mesh he powered it up.
Instead of the zap to deter the squirrel that he'd intended, he ended up with a smoking carcass.
He felt bad about it, but sounds like a win in my book! Happened many years ago, but we still laugh about this at bird camp.

My dad literally just did this a few months ago. Squirrels were nesting in my grandparents' detached garage. They covered the hole with siding when the adults were out, then dad shot them off the side of the garage with the .22 from a bedroom window while they tried to get back in.

Of course this was in PA and no one cared. In fact, I don't think grandad even knew he shot them. I told dad he should've skinned them and cooked them up instead of tossing them over the bank into the woods. Tree rats taste like chicken.

I had to deal with some of these in a garage.

First, I tried rat traps, baited with peanut butter. Caught no squirrels, and one of the traps vanished. I think they ate it. I then went Rambo, with a Crossman air gun. I felt like Val Kilmer in The Ghost and the Darkness. OK, they weren't hunting me, but it was...intense. [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom