Squirrel Rage

I had to deal with some of these in a garage............. OK, they weren't hunting me, but it was...intense. [laugh]
lol, the little bastards can be crafty, dealt with a mama and 2 babies in my cellar, and you're right, it is intense. talk about psychological warfare.

I had a problem with squirrels getting into my attic. Set up a Havahart trap, caught 'em no problem.
Dispatched them with a pellet gun (crowded neighborhood) and traded them to my buddy for venison.
He fed them to his Python. Good deal till I ran out of squirrels.

This could be modified to protect certain areas of the home...

[video=youtube_share;XpcRhflUbcg]http://youtu.be/XpcRhflUbcg[/video]

This could be modified to protect certain areas of the home...

Father of a guy I went to college with got tired of squirrels eating all the bird food, so he ran a 15 amp line off line in his kitchen and wound it around the base of the bird feeder and wired it to a switch by the back door where he could see the feeder from.

Guess he left it on one time and walked away for a bit. When he can back there was an adolescent deer tangled in the wire and dead as a door nail.

My friend got home just as he was dragging it across the street to a drainage ditch. Told him he was next if he ratted to his mother.

Father of a guy I went to college with got tired of squirrels eating all the bird food, so he ran a 15 amp line off line in his kitchen and wound it around the base of the bird feeder and wired it to a switch by the back door where he could see the feeder from.

Guess he left it on one time and walked away for a bit. When he can back there was an adolescent deer tangled in the wire and dead as a door nail.

My friend got home just as he was dragging it across the street to a drainage ditch. Told him he was next if he ratted to his mother.

lmao....

Ah Massachusetts, where a police officer can have a negligent discharge resulting in the victim's death and just have it be "an unfortunate accident for which no charges are appropriate," (and not even lose his job for that matter) but in that same jurisdiction a man who shoots a squirrel on his own property gets his LTC revoked, guns confiscated, and face criminal charges.

Actually the article says he has not been charged yet but will be charged with discharge within 500 feet of a home.

Last edited:
So sorry for the people in MA. I told my husband to get a suppressor so he would stop scaring the cats when shooting the squirrels that were chewing on the house and bird feeder. No problem up here.

Yeah well......I know mass has it's issues with panty wetting soccer moms. But I'd be willing to bet if you lived in a 3 story walk up on a quarter acre lot in Nashua or Manchester the po po would pay you a visit for shooting squirrels in your yard.

You NH hillbillies crack me up......"up here we do what the **** we want I feel bad for you mass people"........Piss off!!!! You act like your entire state is just blanketed in freedom......Wrong!

There are plenty of towns and areas in mass where nobody would say shit for popping squirrels in your yard just like many areas in nh......But he was in framingham........No different than Manchester or nashua......Way too dense to be popping squirrels don't need a law to tell someone that it's called common sense. I live in a dense area. 1/3 acre lots maybe 50 feet between houses. If my neighbor is out back popping off a 22 I probably won't call the cops but we are going to have a fairly serious conversation about his lack of sense.

Let's all get a grip here and realize this guy was being a ****tard.

Last edited:

- - - Updated - - -

Too densely populated area to be firing any kind of gun. I'm a bit surprised they didn't call out SWAT (Ya I know they disbanded but you get the idea). And the FPD not arresting him does not fit with their normal operation, he has to know someone.

Based on that and this:

Police have not identified the man, but said he will be summoned to Framingham District Court after Monday’s incident, police spokesman Lt. Patricia Grigas said.

He definitely knows someone.

They give the home address, which looks to be a nice enough house on a main road with no neighbors in front of him and a straight shot to woods and a body of water behind him. We can find the name easily enough with a 2 minute search.

Or you could just read the article.

"They give the home address, which looks to be a nice enough house on a main road with no neighbors in front of him and a straight shot to woods and a body of water behind him. We can find the name easily enough with a 2 minute search."

Wrong. Where in MGL does it say anything about a straight shot to the woods and a body of water? The law is no discharge within 500 feet of an occupied building!
Here is a link to satellite image with a scale at the bottom right. If "squirrel rage man" is in his yard I'm not seeing 500 feet clearance to any other home.

He is going to get charged.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/8...c119b477e040c69!8m2!3d42.266195!4d-71.4308297

Last edited:
"They give the home address, which looks to be a nice enough house on a main road with no neighbors in front of him and a straight shot to woods and a body of water behind him. We can find the name easily enough with a 2 minute search."

Wrong. Where in MGL does it say anything about a straight shot to the woods and a body of water? The law is no discharge within 500 feet of an occupied building!
Here is a link to satellite image with a scale at the bottom right. If "squirrel rage man" is in his yard I'm not seeing 500 feet clearance to any other home.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/8...c119b477e040c69!8m2!3d42.266195!4d-71.4308297

What are you talking about? Saying that it's a straight shot to the woods isn't the same as saying that he's good to go shooting in his yard. Of course he's going to get charged. [laugh]

What are you talking about? Saying that it's a straight shot to the woods isn't the same as saying that he's good to go shooting in his yard. Of course he's going to get charged. [laugh]
Your post says he has a straight shot to the woods.....sounds like you were saying he was good to go.

Your post says he has a straight shot to the woods.....sounds like you were saying he was good to go.

Maybe a poor choice of words to say "straight shot" - I was just making the point that this guy wasn't shooting in a particularly cramped neighborhood with people on all sides. Still illegal of course.

Maybe a poor choice of words to say "straight shot" - I was just making the point that this guy wasn't shooting in a particularly cramped neighborhood with people on all sides. Still illegal of course.

First, those houses are way to close to be shooting in that neighborhood, Second, it's unlawful to discharge a firearm in the town (soon to be city) of Framingham.

I'll be seeing the chief tonight, I'll ask him why they withheld his name and didn't arrest. Maybe he has a legit reason.

First, those houses are way to close to be shooting in that neighborhood, Second, it's unlawful to discharge a firearm in the town (soon to be city) of Framingham.

I'll be seeing the chief tonight, I'll ask him why they withheld his name and didn't arrest. Maybe he has a legit reason.

Yeah......Legit reason like he's a retired Leo or on the city council! [rolleyes]

Yeah......Legit reason like he's a retired Leo or on the city council! [rolleyes]

Don't get ahead of us, we have an elected Town Meeting (of which I'm one). The city council hasn't even been elected yet and doesn't take over till Jan.

I don't disagree at all.

I don't know what SOP is for the police releasing names, but maybe they felt bad for the old guy and were trying to cut him a small break.

I don't disagree at all.

I don't know what SOP is for the police releasing names, but maybe they felt bad for the old guy and were trying to cut him a small break.

I understand the sentiment of giving someone a break. But who decides, and why, do some get a break and not others? We are dealing with the police and the law. The department needs to even handed, and the law must be applied objectively.

Then there is the fact that we are talking about the Framingham PD with it's criminal officers, criminal investigations of officers, and secret internal investigations. I'm sure there are good cops (like the ones that have been retaliated against), but the department is going to be blamed until the corrupt ones are removed.

I don't know what's more sad:

A) Living in a place where shooting squirrels can get your gun confiscated.

-or-

B) Living somewhere where your neighbors complain to the police that you are shooting squirrels and the Po-Po give a sh!t!

As a kid I dropped several that were chewing their way into our attic. My biggest worry was missing, damaging the house, then the subsequent ass kicking from Dad. Poor guy can't even protect his house from forced entry.

Sadly, we live in a very different world today than we did growing up. Sometimes I don't even recognize it anymore.

Bob

Maybe not if his house is the only one within 500' he is exempt.

Section 12E. Whoever discharges a firearm as defined in section one hundred and twenty-one of chapter one hundred and forty, a rifle or shotgun within five hundred feet of a dwelling or other building in use, except with the consent of the owner or legal occupant thereof, shall be punished by a fine of not less than fifty nor more than one hundred dollars or by imprisonment in a jail or house of correction for not more than three months, or both......

https://malegislature.gov/Laws/GeneralLaws/PartIV/TitleI/Chapter269/Section12E

Maybe not if his house is the only one within 500' he is exempt.

Section 12E. Whoever discharges a firearm as defined in section one hundred and twenty-one of chapter one hundred and forty, a rifle or shotgun within five hundred feet of a dwelling or other building in use, except with the consent of the owner or legal occupant thereof, shall be punished by a fine of not less than fifty nor more than one hundred dollars or by imprisonment in a jail or house of correction for not more than three months, or both......

https://malegislature.gov/Laws/GeneralLaws/PartIV/TitleI/Chapter269/Section12E
Did you look at the map? Hed need permission from 3-4 owners......of homes in framingham. You think he had that?

Seriously... by the time the PD showed up he was gone. "sorry, i wasn't home"

He came back and admitted he fired the gun. It would have been a perfect time not to talk to the police [smile]

I think someone here ratted me out. I've never seen the Chief leave TM so fast. He was out of his seat and across the room even before the motion to adjourn was made. He can't hide forever, then again he only has to hide until Jan. 1.

Back
Top Bottom