• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Armed woman shoots road rage 'aggressor' trying to force his way into her car

Reptile

NES Member

A legally-armed woman who fatally shot an 'aggressor' in a parking lot incident acted in self-defense, according to local authorities​

A legally-armed woman in North Carolina acted in self-defense when she fatally shot a man during a road rage incident at a grocery store parking lot, according to the local district attorney.

"I think what's really important here for people to understand is that provision in our law is not an invitation to vigilante justice, but it does allow when someone has a responsible fear for imminent death or bodily injury that you're allowed to protect yourself," Wake County District Attorney Lorrin Freeman told ABC 11.

Steven McLamb, 49, was fatally shot outside a Food Lion located at Raleigh's Greystone Village Shopping Center last Tuesday after 5 p.m. Authorities who reviewed footage of the scene say McLamb was the "aggressor" in the altercation, trying to pry open the woman's car doors before she fired at him.

Continues...

"I think what's really important here for people to understand is that provision in our law is not an invitation to vigilante justice…"

Says who?

Damn, why can't something like this happen in MA???

Actually maybe it has but the media does not want to report stories of good guys with guns in MA. 🤔
It happened in Worcester a few months ago, but with different outcome. Guy is on trial scheduled for December.

Ok
Alright
Someone has to do it
I’ll ask the question……………

What dumb effing stunt did she pull………

🤣🤣🤣

Damn, why can't something like this happen in MA???

Actually maybe it has but the media does not want to report stories of good guys with guns in MA. 🤔
In Mass you have an absolute duty to retreat unless it is unsafe *** to do so.
Inside your vehicle you are considered safe from things like fists, feet and knives so you can call the police and/or drive away.

*** the 'standard' is that retreat doesn't put you at further risk but that is in the eye of your average juror. So it's better interpreted as unsafe (higher risk).

Whatever happened to that road rage incident we were kicking around here For a few? Before Covid? One of the members here knew the shooter and was trying to say he was a good guy who would never hurt a fly 10 minutes before it came out he had been in like a dozen road rage incidents before the one he got jammed up for Lol. Shot the other driver…..???

You’ve got to be f***ing retarded to try and force your way into someone’s car in NC.

It is considered domicile so fear of death or great bodily harm, and a reasonable person agreeing are a given. At that point if the occupant didn’t start the confrontation and is somewhere it is not illegal for them to be, the only other hurdle to justified use of force is the level of force can’t be out of proportion.

You always want to see the look on their face, the moment they realize they f^*ked with the wrong person.

In Mass you have an absolute duty to retreat unless it is unsafe *** to do so.
Inside your vehicle you are considered safe from things like fists, feet and knives so you can call the police and/or drive away.

*** the 'standard' is that retreat doesn't put you at further risk but that is in the eye of your average juror. So it's better interpreted as unsafe (higher risk).
The sad fact is that in MA if you shoot somebody to prevent a car jacking at the very least it is going to get very expensive.

Your life will be turned upside down and likely hang in the balance of a jury pool.

I sure would like to hear a good guy with a gun story in MA end well. But when I do I doubt it will have anything to do with a car jacking.

I use to go to cruise nights at Court Square in downtown Springfield, and I was always nervous. I carried but didn't feel good about it. I figured my best bet at preventing a car jacking was my Muncie 4-speed.
1691534257595.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom