Springfield XDM

If I remember right it was partially Glock's fault. Something with the loaded round indicator didn't meet the Mass requirement and Glock said it did. I would also have to assume that the cost of testing would easily be recouped by the flood of sales on XD's alone not too mention the rest of their M1A and 1911 product line.

I guess we can complain all day but the choice is theirs and they have made it. Hopefully Goal can work some magic and fix the insanity in our gun laws!!

The M1A is already sold in MA since there is no list for long guns and it complies with the AWB. Good luck finding large cap mags though.

I'd love to get an XD series Springfield. I have been told by a local gun store that LEO's can buy Springfield guns in MA legally. That could be a myth. If so it doesn't seem right at all, seems like discrimation actually. I read somewhere that Springfield won't make their guns MA compliant because the guidelines aren't clear.

I'd buy one tomorrow if they were legal in MA. What do you expect from a corrupt democrat state.

He was probably right... a couple of buddies of mine are LEO's in Mass. (one state and one college) and both said they can get anything they want at their gun shops regardless if its on the list. I had specifically asked them both why the XD was a no go in Mass. They answered they didnt know but it didn't matter they can get them with their badges/id.

He was probably right... a couple of buddies of mine are LEO's in Mass. (one state and one college) and both said they can get anything they want at their gun shops regardless if its on the list. I had specifically asked them both why the XD was a no go in Mass. They answered they didnt know but it didn't matter they can get them with their badges/id.

I feel like I'm channeling Scrivener here.

This is more evidence that both cops and gun shops are bad places for legal advice. It also doesn't help the reputation of cops that they're so happy to break the law (or at least help the dealer do so).

It certainly does happen though. I saw a Walther PPS shortly after it came out in a shop that I won't name. I asked if I could buy it and the clerk said only if I was LEO.

Again, wrong. There are loopholes to get off list guns, but they have nothing to do with having badges.

But since when did cops have a clue about MA gun laws anyway?

Back
Top Bottom