• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Springfield police working for you…..

"It’s not that Capt. Brian Keenan, head of the department’s Firearms Investigation Unit, is so naïve to think gang members will show up in droves to trade in the guns they have bought illegally"

yes, he is naïve and ignorant to think this will reduce crime

I have said this before but it bears saying again. Springfield, like many Leftist Hell Holes, is a product of the Radical Democrats. Illegals, legals who refuse to work, welfare society and uncontrolled gangs. Many businesses have fled the city. This just makes it get worse.

Law abiding gun owners, as we know, aren't the ones causing issues in Springfield and for that matter they are not the problem in all Leftist shit holes.

The Leftists do actually know this but they have to make us the scapegoat. You see if they don't then they would have to look in the mirror and face the fact that their Leftist pipe dream utopia world is a disaster and they are to blame. This won't happen of course as they will never be pulled from their brainwashed stupidity so it will ALWAYS be someone or something else's fault.

What silliness. :oops: Illegals, gang members, drug dealers and other assorted criminals are going to trade-in their weapons for a $50 Big-Y gift card??? That kind of insane thinking can only come from the twisted brain of a Massachusetts DimocRAT. [laugh]

Gun Buyback!!!!

The long guns look to be old bolt action and single shots. Doesn't matter the least to me. I would toss an unwanted gun into the ocean and let Mother Nature rust it into oblivion before I would give it up to these asshats for the proverbial 30 pieces of silver. My name is not Judas!

... but every gun that is turned in is one less that won’t be stolen, accidentally discharged or used in a suicide.

“No one is going to get hurt by those guns,” he said.
I encourage everyone to tear out their vocal cords, because every one that is speechless is one less that can say hateful things.

No one is going to be offended by the voiceless.

Thanks for the article...it was quite a laugh especially when the criminals were telling them that they no longer have a fear of incarceration.

And here's a doozy:

"State Sen. John Velis, D-Westfield said he is working with Keenan and other police to file a bill that will make those switches illegal in Massachusetts so it will be far easier to file charges against someone in possession of one.

Right now, police are hamstrung when they find one of the switches and this will give them another tool to fight gun violence, Velis said."

Someone will have to help me how the NFA doesn't apply to Glock switches. I think they are playing with the words since it will be far easier to file charges in state court since currently they would have to file them in Federal Court. What is that, like another piece of paper and a different building? LOL I guess sending someone up for 10 years just takes too much work.

Thanks for the article...it was quite a laugh especially when the criminals were telling them that they no longer have a fear of incarceration.

And here's a doozy:

"State Sen. John Velis, D-Westfield said he is working with Keenan and other police to file a bill that will make those switches illegal in Massachusetts so it will be far easier to file charges against someone in possession of one.

Right now, police are hamstrung when they find one of the switches and this will give them another tool to fight gun violence, Velis said."

Someone will have to help me how the NFA doesn't apply to Glock switches. I think they are playing with the words since it will be far easier to file charges in state court since currently they would have to file them in Federal Court. What is that, like another piece of paper and a different building? LOL I guess sending someone up for 10 years just takes too much work.
MGL c. 140 s. 121
''Machine gun'', a weapon of any description, by whatever name known, loaded or unloaded, from which a number of shots or bullets may be rapidly or automatically discharged by one continuous activation of the trigger, including a submachine gun; provided, however, that ''machine gun'' shall include bump stocks and trigger cranks.
There is no applicable MA law governing the possession of a switch, or a fire control group, or anything that is not specifically addressed under the above paragraph when not installed in a functioning firearm.

MGL c. 140 s. 121

There is no applicable MA law governing the possession of a switch, or a fire control group, or anything that is not specifically addressed under the above paragraph when not installed in a functioning firearm.
Thanks. Does the NFA not apply if you are in possession of one?

Thanks. Does the NFA not apply if you are in possession of one?
Yes. Parts intended to convert a semiautomatic firearm into a "machine gun" is included in the definition of a machine gun for the purposes of the NFA. These parts, in and of themselves are "machine guns" regardless of if they are installed, or even accompanying the firearm required to make them functional. This is a federal offense though, and there is no state law equivalent (yet).

Yes. Parts intended to convert a semiautomatic firearm into a "machine gun" is included in the definition of a machine gun for the purposes of the NFA. These parts, in and of themselves are "machine guns" regardless of if they are installed, or even accompanying the firearm required to make them functional. This is a federal offense though, and there is no state law equivalent (yet).
Which was my original point. The article makes it sound like the people cannot be charged for having the switch, but they indicate it will simply be easier to charge them if there was a Mass law against them. They could still be charged at the Federal Level with an extremely severe sentence, but the prosecutor, for some reason, does not want to do this.

I spent 4 years in thay city,and a family member was on EMS.

Some areas are OK. Bristol street area was a zoo. A college party i knew about got broken up by a gang fight, that had shots pop off at a responding cruiser.

I heard rumors of a liquor store that didn't ID anyone and a 8 year old bought beer from them.

Stories from the family member who was on EMS, every shift had 4 or more gsw victims.

My point, criminals will be criminals and no gun buy back or laws will change them

Last edited:
I spent 4 years in thay city,and a family member was on EMS.

Some areas are OK. Bristol street area was a zoo. A college party i knew about got broken up by a gang fight, that had shots pop off at a responding cruiser.

I heard rumors of a liquor store that didn't ID anyone and a 8 year old bought beer from them.

Stories from the family member who was on EMS, every shift had 4 or more gsw victims.

My point, criminals will be criminals and no gun buy back or laws will change them
Where are the places in Springfield to stay away from? I do visit the area around Red Rose, and the other Italian markets.

Which was my original point. The article makes it sound like the people cannot be charged for having the switch, but they indicate it will simply be easier to charge them if there was a Mass law against them. They could still be charged at the Federal Level with an extremely severe sentence, but the prosecutor, for some reason, does not want to do this.
Different processes, different entities involved. Unlikely a US Attorney is going to get involved when some dipshit has a wishdotcom Glock switch but no Glock. Even if he did have a functioning machine gun, USA is unlikely to be involved unless it was part of a bigger thing.

It's an excellent opportunity to rip off some Grandma on a fixed income for the dead hubby's WWII bring back for a nice fat $50 .
She could have gotten a few grand for a nice piece but it will end up in some cop's safe.
Dad and I had some old gal that wanted us to come over and take an old shotgun that belonged to her late husband.
Turns out it was a very valuable Parker double.
We took it down and put it on consignment for her .
I may already be going to hell , but I don't want to end up in the sub basement for ripping off some old widow counting change out of her coin purse for groceries .

Would it be wrong to go down there and scope out what is coming in to see if there is anything I would want for myself before they get to the table?

MGL c. 140 s. 121

yet another situation where it would be both less effort on the part of drafters and more defensible to simply mirror federal definitions rather than inventing new ones. They can't even be lazy correctly.

Wasn’t there some “irregularities“ with some of the firearms in the evidence room at SPD a number of years ago.

From the article.

"People drive up and drop off their guns. They do not have to give their names and they don’t have to live in Springfield. In fact, their addresses aren’t even checked, Walsh said.

After the guns are processed, which includes a check to make sure the guns were not used in a crime or stolen from a legal gun owner, they will be destroyed by GunBusters of New England."

So bangers commit a crime get paid for the weapon and get rid of the evidence. Then GunBusters destroys the guns for free. Sounds like a great idea.

From the article.

"People drive up and drop off their guns. They do not have to give their names and they don’t have to live in Springfield. In fact, their addresses aren’t even checked, Walsh said.

After the guns are processed, which includes a check to make sure the guns were not used in a crime or stolen from a legal gun owner, they will be destroyed by GunBusters of New England."

So bangers commit a crime get paid for the weapon and get rid of the evidence. Then GunBusters destroys the guns for free. Sounds like a great idea.
I’ve seen gun parts listed by Gun Busters listed on Gunbroker. It sucks to see milsurp parts on there, with the supposition that the receiver was destroyed

Back
Top Bottom