• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Springfield police working for you…..

If I was the chief of police and a gun collector I'd hold a "buyback" once a month.
EddieCoyle, one of the moderators on this forum, was so disgusted by gun "buy backs" that he went out of his way to establish a separate "sticky thread" dealing with them. I concur wholeheartedly. Like I said earlier, I would personally throw an unwanted gun into the ocean before I would ever surrender it to a so-called "buyback" for a pittance!

Which was my original point. The article makes it sound like the people cannot be charged for having the switch, but they indicate it will simply be easier to charge them if there was a Mass law against them. They could still be charged at the Federal Level with an extremely severe sentence, but the prosecutor, for some reason, does not want to do this.
Because, a fed charge would be handled by a fed prosecutor. Of course the MA prosecutor doesn’t want to refer the case. If he/she did that, they wouldn’t get the credit for the conviction.

Other jurisdictions, innocence, none of it may stand in the way of a prosecutor and his stats.

Would it be wrong to go down there and scope out what is coming in to see if there is anything I would want for myself before they get to the table?
This has been beaten to death in every gun buy back thread.

Go ahead, have fun.

From the article.

"People drive up and drop off their guns. They do not have to give their names and they don’t have to live in Springfield. In fact, their addresses aren’t even checked, Walsh said.

After the guns are processed, which includes a check to make sure the guns were not used in a crime or stolen from a legal gun owner, they will be destroyed by GunBusters of New England."

So bangers commit a crime get paid for the weapon and get rid of the evidence. Then GunBusters destroys the guns for free. Sounds like a great idea.
1. How do they know if a gun was used in a crime? ... does the gun drop a business card with its serial number?

2. Let's assume they can somehow find out if a gun was used ... what is next? They don't ask for any information, so how do they find the person?

Unless, there is a camera and they register a serial # + time it was dropped off.

From the article.

"People drive up and drop off their guns. They do not have to give their names and they don’t have to live in Springfield. In fact, their addresses aren’t even checked, Walsh said.

After the guns are processed, which includes a check to make sure the guns were not used in a crime or stolen from a legal gun owner, they will be destroyed by GunBusters of New England."

So bangers commit a crime get paid for the weapon and get rid of the evidence. Then GunBusters destroys the guns for free. Sounds like a great idea.
Turns out Gunbusters only destroys the frame and sells the parts kits on gun broker.

Of course I had to go bid on several parts kits.

Turns out Gunbusters only destroys the frame and sells the parts kits on gun broker.

Of course I had to go bid on several parts kits.
That’s some real investigative journalism there. Gunbusters doesn’t even use another name on Gunbroker

Someone was probably too embarrassed to turn this in at a buyback:

image-2023-12-14T091439.520.png

I bet his homies are laughing at him for carrying this.

[rofl] [rofl] [rofl]

Back
Top Bottom