Springfield Show @ BigE - Dec 13 + 14

So what's with the retail+ prices?[rofl]
I looked at a set of handgun grips that were at 100% of retail, not negotiable.
I wasn't about to pay 200% for a rear sight either.
Spent most of the show looking at antique guns. The prices on them are looking better evvery day.
As usual, I stocked up on powder and primers in the ammo tent, 10-20% cheaper than the local gunshop.
My regret is missing a nice afternoon at the range.

Jack

I was there around noon today and the place was empty. The parking lot was empty as well. I actually parked in the row next to the ammo tent. Never been that close before. I guess most of the good deals must have been done yesterday because all I really saw was a lot of severely over priced firearms. One guy was actually selling an Auto Ordinance 1911 for $700. I actually laughed out loud when I saw that. The guy selling it gave me a dirty look. [rolleyes] I was standing next to a guy who actually bought a used S&W1911PD with the laser grip for $1200. [shocked] I should of told him about the one on sale here for $900.

I left with nothing. Not even ammo, which was high as well. $15 for a box of 9mm Makarov. Geez.

I left with nothing. Not even ammo, which was high as well. $15 for a box of 9mm Makarov. Geez.

I was really hoping for some of the usual oddball ammo they carry but noticed NY Steve and his brother weren't there and I think it was just their father. The ammo selection is pretty low when its just him. I'm guessing its because he is short on help.

I had a nice chat with the guys at the GOAL table, but I only bought a couple of reference books for my Garand, and GOAL's Mass Laws summary book. It sure was fun looking around, though!

I was really hoping for some of the usual oddball ammo they carry but noticed NY Steve and his brother weren't there and I think it was just their father. The ammo selection is pretty low when its just him. I'm guessing its because he is short on help.

Ray, there was the big show in Harrisburg PA this weekend, so they may have split up and headed in that direction too, thus lowering inventory to the MA show. Harrisburg runs 1200+ tables, so no doubt they make a lot more money there than in overly restrictive MA.
http://www.maacpsse.com/images/hgdec08.gif

That could also account for lower number of tables sold overall.

I saw the 12 dollar ones but they looked beat.... ]

They were beat up, I looked at two of out of the whole box and they both had cracked feed lips.

That dealer is a local one any way he is aobut a four min drive from my front door.

I ended up leaving with a a keg of IMR 3031 2k in primers and 2k in 223 heads.

-DM-

Ray, there was the big show in Harrisburg PA this weekend, so they may have split up and headed in that direction too, thus lowering inventory to the MA show. Harrisburg runs 1200+ tables, so no doubt they make a lot more money there than in overly restrictive MA.
http://www.maacpsse.com/images/hgdec08.gif

That could also account for lower number of tables sold overall.

I went to the Harrisburg show Sat. There were 200 people in front of me waiting to get in at 10:30AM. The place was packed!!!!! Loads of reloading and casting stuff and quite a few $1500.00 AR'S. Never saw this show so crowded. I expect the same for the Valley Forge show this weekend.

I saw some solid prices on SW99's, but just didn't feel like spending the money before Christmas. Here's hoping the Marlboro show will have similar findings.

I was there around noon today and the place was empty. The parking lot was empty as well. I actually parked in the row next to the ammo tent. Never been that close before. I guess most of the good deals must have been done yesterday because all I really saw was a lot of severely over priced firearms. One guy was actually selling an Auto Ordinance 1911 for $700. I actually laughed out loud when I saw that. The guy selling it gave me a dirty look. [rolleyes] I was standing next to a guy who actually bought a used S&W1911PD with the laser grip for $1200. [shocked] I should of told him about the one on sale here for $900.

I was at the W. Springfield, MA show Sunday from 11 am through 1 pm and I found it rather busy. I did find at least two dealers who had guns that I have particular interest in.

I agree that many of the prices seemed high.

All I have to say is "Holy shotguns Batman!!!"

I went on Sunday, for a few hours...and aside from 3 tables of handguns, scattered & overpriced AR's, Garands, and the occasional SKS, all there was for sale were shotguns, and lots of em.

Out of the handgun selection, nothing really caught my eye except for a mint Dan Wesson .357, which was reasonably priced.

Back
Top Bottom