• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Springfield 1911 Garrison 9mm vs Canik METE SFT - which one would you get?

I get these are very different guns, but I am drawn to both. Just want to see what folks think between the two.

I get these are very different guns, but I am drawn to both. Just want to see what folks think between the two.
Those are about as different as different gets in a 9mm semi-auto. [laugh] I'll admit that I tried to find (and buy) a METE SFT in black recently, but couldn't find one in MA just yet. I am a relative newcomer to the Canik line (and a long-time Canik skeptic/holdout), but so far so good with the other Caniks I currently own, including a Rival.

The 1911 is a 1911... and as much as I am perfectly fine with .45 ACP 1911's, for some reason 9mm in a 1911 has never worked for me. Be sure to try one out before you jump. You may find yourself in the same boat.

I am only buying optic-ready pistols these days, so my decision between the two would be very easy. [thumbsup]

Life is short buy both if you like them. If that doesn’t help, I have the garrison & like it a lot.

Back
Top Bottom