Sportsman's Guide

SKS Ray

NES Member
This may not belong here but I couldn't think of a better place to post it. I'm guessing a lot of you get catalogs from The Sportsman's Guide. I get them all the time inlcuding their HQ (military) and Shooter's catalogs. Back when I used to collect knives I always thought it was lame that they wouldn't ship them to Massachusetts. Knives such as small German army pocket knives with no ilegal features were even listed as a restricted item. Now that i'm into shooting and collecting military guns, i'm blown away by the ridiculous things they won't ship here.
Now I can see them not shipping ammo, magazines, even bayonets, but when items like cardboard stripper clips for K31 rifles, and reproduction cleaning rods for Japanese rifles on page 75 of the Spring Shooter's catalog are restricted, and yet complete Springfield bolts on page 59 are ok to sell, somethings wrong. Equally stupid is the fact that on page 75 the K98 trigger guard shown is restricted, but the one on page 64 is ok to ship here. I don't get it.
I tried calling one day to get answers on why some items are restricted and why some aren't. Think it was the same day I saw a plastic storage case from Glock with the infamous #1 restricted symbol next to it.[angry] The woman at customer service offered no help, and couldn't transfer me to anyone that could give me answers.
I've gotten sheet metal cabinets and clothing items from Sportsman's Guide over the years, and would really like to order some of the firearm related items they have like parts and accessories but have second thoughts about dealing with a company that won't ship simple items that I know are not restricted. Anyone else feel as frustrated as I do about this company?

Not anymore, I throw their trashy crap catalog in the garbage bucket without looking at it.

I don't even open their Emails that I get any more.

If you really do want to order from them, find a friend in NH and order with shipment to NH!

Otherwise find other sources for the goods.

I used to order from SG many years ago before I was aware of the other mail-order vendors. But then SG stopped shipping ammo to us in MA (late 90's or so?). When I called and asked them all I got was a curt "Why don't you ask your Attorney General.". If I am not mistaken they may have been the first company to stop shipping ammo here.

In some support of SG for their policies, look at all the various restrictions which different states have placed on ownership of certain items. For those who favor states' rights over federal control, this could be considered to be one of the "unintended consequences".

Back
Top Bottom