• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

South shore "multi-town pot bust"

I think shell fish should be illegal cause I don't like it and it has killed people that have tried it. Very dangerous stuff that shell fish...

Im betting that shell fish has killed more people do to an allegic reaction then pot has.

Of course it has, not even a question.

Ya, they should be legal as well, although, obviously the fact that the marijuna is literally just the flower of a plant makes it different from your examples.

But, feel free to keep telling adults which substances are ok for them to put in their bodies.

How do you feel about getting killed by an impaired driver crashing into you? The drunk/druggie is just putting substances in his/her body--booze, heroin, whatever. Sure, punishment can be meted out after the fact, but that would do you little good if you're the one killed in the crash. Ergo, prevention.

There are a number of treatment approaches that have shown consistent and positive treatment outcomes.
Methadone clinics...ect.,
Using other drug treatment approaches, ( AA and Na) have also been successful
No, not at anywhere near 100% but...what treatment is?
The fact of the matter is that the drinkers are going to drink , the stoners are going to smoke and the hard core druggies are going to use.
How about treatment...readily available ...court orded if needed and family support.
I recall asking a state senator about improving mental health service in the state of ma..I was told it would cost a billion dollars.
Should we spend a billion dollars in fighting the "Plague"?
If so where do we get the money?
I don;t know...do what Colorado did and specify the tax revenues go into drug treatment programs?
Maybe worth a shot.
ggboy
What success rate do methadone clinics have? I had 2 friends get hooked, go through several treatment methods, and still end up dead. Others friends/acquaintances that have gone through programs and end up going back even after 6 months of being clean. From what I've seen first hand the success rate of quitting is awful.

How do you feel about getting killed by an impaired driver crashing into you? The drunk/druggie is just putting substances in his/her body--booze, heroin, whatever. Sure, punishment can be meted out after the fact, but that would do you little good if you're the one killed in the crash. Ergo, prevention.

Legal or not every town or city has every drug readily available. Make drugs legal, tax them and keep the drugs free of the shit they cut the stuff with now.

Huh? Literally have no idea what point you are trying to make.

Alcohol, a legal drug, results in more deaths than all illegal drugs combined. If "prevention" is the goal guess we should start with banning booze. That's never been tried right? Let's place some common sense bans on guns too.

Is it better to be killed by a drunk driver or a drugged driver? Does it makes a difference?

There is already a law that says thou shalt not drive impaired.

does the heroine kill people? Or do people kill themselves by melting shit on a spoon they bought from some ******* and freely chosing to inject it into their own veins? Last time i checked most people on this site get pissed when the anti states how guns kill people.......you know......we counter with the arguent that the gun is an object and the person pulling the trigger is the problem. Is heroine not an inanimate object? Dont people who decide to do it bear the responsibility of their own actions?

Fair point....but your gun is not going to alter your mind to kill yourself or anything of the nature it is completely inanimate but heroine on the other hand alters your raw state of mind. Even if it was your choice from day one.

Fair point....but your gun is not going to alter your mind to kill yourself or anything of the nature it is completely inanimate but heroine on the other hand alters your raw state of mind. Even if it was your choice from day one.
No matter how blasted he is, a drunk is still legally responsible for his actions. Why on God's green earth should heroin be any different?

so does alchohol... I had a buddy that died at 27 cause of liver damage, guy was puking/pissing blood on a daily baisis and he still drank everyday. Why then are you not calling for bans on liquor? What about tobacco, 2 of my grandparents died from lung cancer cause they were habitual smokers, what about junk food? Heart disease is still the #1 killer in the U.S isn't it?

I don't understand how people can say heroine is bad and should be illegal but that liquor smokes and trans fats aren't?

It has never been about anything other than control.

Sugar kills far more than drugs.

Alcohol causes far more highway deaths than drugs.

The war on drugs increases price (if it's effective), creates a criminal class of users, producers, and dealers, and has resulted in, arguably, more death and misery than drug use itself ever could.

Nobody in favor of the war on drugs cares about this. They fear that the fundamental weakness of man will descend into chaos and debauchery if drugs are not controlled. In this way they are no different than the shrill fear mongers who went after alcohol during prohibition. It is a moral crusade based on arbitrary moral subjectivism. They, simply put, don't want you to be free to choose how to live. They fear what might happen as a result. They don't care if you are free. Their arguments have all of the philosophical validity of Bloomberg's desire to ban guns or limit the size of a soda cup.

lips-that-touch-liquor-shall-not-touch-ours2.jpg

Booze may no longer be banned, but it is highly regulated and taxed, and significant resources are spent on education and enforcement.

Booze may no longer be banned, but it is highly regulated and taxed, and significant resources are spent on education and enforcement.
And you can brew or distill up to some number of gallons each year for your own consumption.

And while regulated, it is entirely attainable for an ordinary person to setup a winery or brewery or distillery and make a salable, legal product.

Somehow society survives.

Yea, the "whole tax dollar thing". Do you think the money used grows on trees? Christ, it's a big chunk of our paycheck every week, don't act like it's pennies in a bucket.

Was it the electricity theft?

I didn't say I had fresh ideas.

Heroin, undeniably, ruins lives, so if you're going to put resources into busting dealers and eradicating product, it seems like a no brainer to go after heroin related persons as apposed to those growing harmless plants.

I wasn't going to go there, but since you bring it up, Portugal isn't a valid model to look at, why? You'll need to be specific. Don't forget, I have no idea what I'm talking about.

The chunk that comes out of your paycheck, comes out of mine too. The reality is, yes, it is actually pennies in a bucket. No one likes it, but it just is. Youll live longer if you accept the fact that your taxes will never, ever go down. You can tax pot, heroin, cocaine etc., and your taxes will never go away. Your tax dollars would be paying me to either play pinochle or help execute these SWs, either way your weekly pennies in a bucket havent changed.

It was not the electricity theft. Your tax dollars paid more into the involved participants bank accounts than into mine, they were collecting all sorts of bennies that you and I fund.

Heroin, comes from a harmless plant too; its called a poppy. Do some homework on Portugal. Dont be a millenial forever dude.

It falls under the principle of fight the battle you can win.

For better or for worse, we have sales tax in this country and if legalized, recreational drugs would be lawful products for sale and subject to taxation. There wouldn't *have* to be a special "Pot" tax.

And as much as I loathe our current leaders and the cesspool of pointless laws and taxes they've put us in, I do recognize that we need some semblance of law and order and a good & just government doesn't run itself for free.

A limited set of common sense laws and a reasonable level of taxation to pay for necessary services isn't out of line. What we HAVE though, IS out of line.

That's my point though - there's always a special pot tax. It's bullshit. They claim authority over everything and tax the shit out of whatever they decide we're permitted to do, and we sit there and call it a good deal.

That's my point though - there's always a special pot tax. It's bullshit. They claim authority over everything and tax the shit out of whatever they decide we're permitted to do, and we sit there and call it a good deal.
I'm certainly not going to claim that the taxation our country levies is anything approaching reasonable.

And you can brew or distill up to some number of gallons each year for your own consumption.

You can brew yes, but distilling get you a visit from the revenuers and free room and board in Club Fed. Even putting hard apple cider in the freezer and removing the ice (jacking, to make apple jack) is also against the law. Legalizing beer brewing was the only thing of value Jimmy Carter ever did.

This entire thread had me thinking just because something is a law is it wrong to break it? some argued after the revolution that since we had established a democracy that disobeying the goverment moving forward was not needed. current goverment has gone so far astray from the federalist system it is scary.
Just think about all the things that are ilegal to do and it's amazing that we stand idle.

3 assault rifles? Well now....I wonder what models they are?

unless the suspects were LEO/Mil/.gov/.state.ma.us they could not legally own assault weapons. I wonder if the journalists we confusing the term assault weapon and modern sporting weapon.

Also, why is marijuana still illegal?

You can brew yes, but distilling get you a visit from the revenuers and free room and board in Club Fed. Even putting hard apple cider in the freezer and removing the ice (jacking, to make apple jack) is also against the law. Legalizing beer brewing was the only thing of value Jimmy Carter ever did.
That appears to vary by state and it looks like yes, you would need a license to distill. However, many states it is attainable for those of us not blessed with a personal fortune measured in millions.

This entire thread had me thinking just because something is a law is it wrong to break it? ...

No.

That appears to vary by state and it looks like yes, you would need a license to distill. However, many states it is attainable for those of us not blessed with a personal fortune measured in millions.

There is a Federal exemption for making beer and wine, less than 100 gallons per person per year. Making any amount of distilled spirits is against Federal law for personal consumption, you need the very expensive commercial distillers license.

there is still free will of a free person involved with heroin. You have to make your own decision to inject that shit in your body the first time. You cant convince me that people are not aware of what that shit can do to you before they use the first time.

Some clarification. This is heroine:

Heroine.jpg

This is heroin:

heroin1.jpg

These are assault riffles:

chalker_trippin.1201925820.raging-river.jpg

Please rename this: "Police waste tremendous amounts of time, money and manpower to do nothing important and help no one." Sargent Stedenko from the Cheech and Chong movies would be proud.

Some clarification. This is heroine:

Heroine.jpg

This is heroin:

heroin1.jpg

I was wondering how long it would take for someone that remembers their English lessons to pick up on that.

I'd say that overdosing on the first one wouldn't be a bad thing at all.

Overdosing on the second one is likely to be fatal.

Back
Top Bottom