South shore "multi-town pot bust"

DW357

NES Member
http://www.patriotledger.com/article/20150401/NEWS/150409596/12662/NEWS
WEYMOUTH - Police say they seized guns, cash and more than 2,000 marijuana plants in simultaneous raids Tuesday morning on a major growing operation spanning several homes in Braintree, Carver and Randolph.
Three men were arrested in the raids, which police said followed an investigation by detectives in four South Shore town as well as State Police, the sheriff offices of Norfolk and Plymouth counties and the federal Drug Enforcement Administration. Wai Yip Chu, 39 of Braintree, Tommy Nguyen, 36, of Braintree and Chanh Nguyen, 42 of Randolph, were due to be arraigned Wednesday on charges of marijuana trafficking, cultivating marijuana and conspiring to violate drug laws.
The three men were released Tuesday night after posting $10,000 bail.
Police said detectives fanned out across the three towns Tuesday morning and simultaneously raided seven homes and two vehicles, seizing more than $75,000 in cash, a stun gun, three assault riffles and 19 other firearms. They also seized four vehicles, police said.
A Weymouth detective assigned to a U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration task force took the lead on the investigation into the marijuana growing operation and wrote the search warrants, Weymouth Police Capt. Richard Fuller said. Charges were filed by several different police departments.
The operation included several houses used solely for growing marijuana, Fuller said. In at least one location, the trio had tapped into a power line to steal electricity and one of the grow houses had only recently been set up, he said.
"This was a very high-level growing operation," Fuller said. "There was a lot of money involved and a lot of marijuana."
Fuller said the 22 firearms recovered were properly licensed.

All you south shore guys can feel safe now since local police took "assault rifles" off the streets....No need to shelter in place or pee yourself....[laugh]

Last edited:
3 assault rifles? Well now....I wonder what models they are?

Tactical Ruger 10/22 with banana clips [rofl]

15639-DEFAULT-l.jpg

The owners were all properly licensed. Id love to fill you guys in on some details, but I cant lol.

One of the firearms was that KelTec shotty with the dual 7 round mags. Pretty neat.

How many pets did them have? How many shoes?

The guns and cars are as relevant to the arrest as the number of pets, shoes, etc.

The owners were all properly licensed. Id love to fill you guys in on some details, but I cant lol.

One of the firearms was that KelTec shotty with the dual 7 round mags. Pretty neat.

Did they take a gun display table pic?

The war on drugs wasting more money. That bust wont effect the ability to buy all the MaryJane you want.
with the rampant availability, one has to wonder what game one has to abide by to make such products available. Or more questionably, what line one must cross to get taken out

Why don't you fight the heroine boom currently killing more people than these guys ever would....and if all the firearms where legal how could three be assault weapons? As those would not be legal Per MA law?

aside it is sick to see such a waste of resources and things like this is why the LEO community will claim they need APCs.....

Although tax evasion is not listed as a charge, they probably were not reporting the income and paying their fair share of taxes. Once investigators get to their tax records, the feds may go after that.

So, the charges are possession of legally-owned guns and pot (that has been de-criminalized) and cash, which I believe is also legal?

Am I missing something or was this SWAT raid to simply jack a few dudes up on a mis-demeanor charge?

So, the charges are possession of legally-owned guns and pot (that has been de-criminalized) and cash, which I believe is also legal?

Am I missing something or was this SWAT raid to simply jack a few dudes up on a mis-demeanor charge?

Really??????????????????

Do you think that 2000 plants <1 oz (which is the threshold for decriminalization)??

----------------

I'm not saying that unlimited growing farms should be legal or illegal, but as Mark pointed out in another thread you can't pick and choose what laws should or shouldn't be enforced arbitrarily or you get the unconstitutional situations wrt 2A that we live with today. Don't like the law? Work to change it.

We all can sleep safer tonight knowing that a marijuana leaf won't attack us.

Crime and overdoses are through the roof and they are doing nothing but busting pot.

Right. That is exactly what we are doing.
You have some useful info in regards to helping me thwart the overdose problem? Speak on it. Feel free to PM me. Maybe help me solve a couple B&Es?
Cracks me up that some of you actually believe some of the shit you say.

Back
Top Bottom