• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sound amplifying ear protection for hunting

CAESAR

NES Member
These are different than military I think because you do need to hear any grass blade move. I want waterproof and ones that I can have always on and hear just as if I was without them or even better.
Which ones are the best?

Thanks.

PS
“man up, you don’t need any” type of statements keep to yourself please. We are talking about 12ga sabot slugs

I met a guy last weekend who was wearing a Walker's Game ear.
Not sure which model, but it was beige and wrapped around the ear. I was wondering why he was only wearing one, but looking at how much they cost I may have figured out the reason
http://www.gsmoutdoors.com/shopping/walkers/behind-the-ear.aspx

They do have a cheap version that comes in a 2-pack though.

I would be interested in hearing if anyone has any experience with these as well.

ETA: Looking at that page again, I think the cheaper versions may not offer any significant hearing protection since they do not advertise a NRR while the more expensive ones do.

Last edited:
I have a set of electronic muffs I use for work. Are the ones meant for hunting like them? If so, I think they would be pretty much useless. You might be able to hear something, but you can't tell direction.

I have a set of electronic muffs I use for work. Are the ones meant for hunting like them? If so, I think they would be pretty much useless. You might be able to hear something, but you can't tell direction.

This. How much shooting are you guys doing?

NRR 22. [frown] Well, better than nothing.

I just bought these: http://www.amazon.com/Honeywell-R-0...8-3&keywords=howard+leight&pebp=1416947408884

from another NES thread. They have 30nrr, the sound amplification is really clear (to me at least), and they are MUCH more comfortable than my other set of Howard Leights (the ones point37 posted). The only drawback is that they are much bigger, but I can shoulder my AR-15 without knocking them off. I don't hunt, but the stock bumps into them when I mount up.... not sure if that could be an issue for Hunters.

Back
Top Bottom