• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Someone take a German to the range - Milford area ?

JuergenG

NES Member
One of the guys of my favored gun forum in Germany is travelling to MA for business, and will have a week off from Easter Sunday through Sunday, 23rd.
He would like to go to a range in that area for some trap/skeet shooting,
and is looking for a club or individual who will lend/borrow him an over/under
and let him shoot some clays.
He will be in the Milford Courtyard from late Sat, 15th.
Anyone in the Milford/Worcester/Framingham/Marlboro area, who could
take care of him ?
He's also looking for a decent place for breakfast around the Hotel as he
"can't stand the sweet stuff they serve". Any hints are highly appreciated.
Thanks a lot !

If he gets a rental car and doesn't mind travelling an hour he's more than welcome to join Patrick and I at the MRA. Where ,I might add, they also serve breakfast on Sundays. Though I do realize it's a bit of a trip.
I'm sure he'll get offers from some of the closer people, but in case he doesn't we can be a back up plan.

Oh- also on that Wednesday night. That's when it's Trap shooting.
Sunday is sporting clays. So offer him Sporting clays and breakfast, or trap and dinner [wink]

Thanks a million, I have passed this on to him and asked him
to follow the thread.
Also had let him know that he should pack up a bunch of
half-liter cans of our local beer, as someone taking him out
to the range surely deserves that.
How's that as a bait ?[smile]

On a sidenote to everyone on the site.

JuergenG was very generous when I was stationed in Germany for three years. He and his friends offered me many chances to go shooting at civilian ranges there and try out a lot of the good local food & beer. Really good people. A lot of great shooters who share our values in Germany who deserve our hospitality when it can be offered.

I'd jump on this opportunity but I am stuck working in NYC harbor until May.

If we lived closer I would. Now if he wants to come out to Western MA.....
Hmmm good german beer, now if he could bring the brats...I am all over it. [laugh] [laugh]

Thanks for your kind words, Jon !
I surely would like to gobble down some Hefeweizen with you again[smile]
The guy is currently in MA, and might have been shooting already.
Had some leads I passed on to him.
Haven't heard back from him yet.

Sue,
as to the Bratwurst, I think the U.S.D.A. (?) dogs walking around in the
Customes area at Terminal E in Logan surely would have liked these, too.
I'm not so sure about their masters.

Juergen, if I belonged to a trap club, I would have done that in a heart beat, as Milford is just down the road.

I don't konw if any Indenependant members are here, but they have a big trap club from waht I understand. And it's not that far...

As for breakfast in Milford, I'll work on that for you.

I do know that the young kid on "Malcom in the Middle," his parents own a great Mexican place in Milford.

Juergen, I know trust me.....[laugh] [laugh] Back before airline security is what it is now, Glenn and I brought Keilbasa back to Berlin, for one of our cooks. Our luggage and duffels didn't make the flight and that was one of our concerns that the dogs found it. Thankfully not, and our luggage showed up at the gate to our casern at midnight.

Last edited:
JuergenG said:
Thanks for your kind words, Jon !
I surely would like to gobble down some Hefeweizen with you again[smile]
The guy is currently in MA, and might have been shooting already.
Had some leads I passed on to him.
Haven't heard back from him yet.

Juergen- you've probably heard from him by now. But in case you haven't, my husband and Michael shot trap at our gun club on Wednesday night. I wanted to get down there but didn't get out of work until after it was getting dark. I hope he (and his gf) had a good time. [smile]

Wow, that sounds great.
This community rocks !
On another note, would you know whether Michael followed my advice and brought beer ?
I pretty much doubt it, as you surely would have mentioned[smile]
AFAIK he's supposed to be back in Germany this weekend, so I should hear from
him on our forum shortly.

Last edited:
JuergenG said:
Wow, that sounds great.
This community rocks !
On another note, would you know whether Michael followed my advice and brought beer ?
I pretty much doubt it, as you surely would have mentioned[smile]
AFAIK he's supposed to be back in Germany this weekend, so I should hear from
him on our forum shortly.
No beer, but that's ok. [wink] Not sure when he's leaving, but he's coming to shoot trap again this Wednesday night [smile] Patrick just got an e-mail from him. Hopefully I'll get out of work in time to meet up with them this week...

Back
Top Bottom