Some Various Helmets

Ain't yard sales grand!

Last weekend was a lot of fun. On Saturday, I spied a helmet shell on a table for $10, paid seven, left some contact information and moved along. I was able to identify it as a Japanese Civil Defense and was quite satisfied. Sunday morning I received a call from friend of the yardsaler. He had four junky helmets in the attic.

Now, they're cluttering up my house.

1. Japanese Civil Defense. WWII. Very thin, wouldn't appear as it could deter a bullet. No emblem, liner or chin strap.

wwiiHelmet_004.jpg

wwiiHelmet_009.jpg

wwiiHelmet_011.jpg

wwiiHelmet_007.jpg

2. French M26 Adrian. Spanish Civil War, WWII. Quite substantially built. No emblem, aged liner, broken chin strap.

helmets1_010.jpg

helmets1_011.jpg

3. Iraqi M80. Iran-Iraq War, Gulf Wars. Light carbon fiber. Refitted liner from another model. Painted black over former tan.

helmets1_001.jpg

helmets1_002.jpg

helmets1_004.jpg

4. US M1. WWII through mid-1980's. Rugged steel, w/liner. Refurbished at least a time or two.

helmets1_012.jpg

helmets1_014.jpg

helmets1_013.jpg

5. Iraqi Fedayeen "Darth Vader". Gulf Wars. Light carbon fiber. Full liner and chin strap. Now, this one is COOL! Missing its emblem and much of the left front side, as if it took a full facial blast. Might have just been kicked around like a soccer ball, I don't know. It hasn't told me it is my father, yet.

helmets1_005.jpg

helmets1_006.jpg

helmets1_007.jpg

helmets1_008.jpg

helmets1_009.jpg

Not any great value in any particular helmet, and all five for a modest cost ($127). The Darth Vader would have been BIG BUCKS if it was whole. But the liner itself would cover the entire investment if I chose to part it out.

Hope you all enjoyed, and thanks for looking.

Back
Top Bottom