Some questions for you guys...plz?

WOW, didnt know saying some thing like buying a gun off the street (by street i mean a co-worker who i know who may wanna get rid of one his guns) would cause such a stir and deter people from helping me out. anyway sorry if hurt ya feelings, broke a code of gun owner ship, or some other forum rule. i just starting to relize who much of pain it is to own a gun in MA, it probely wont stop me....

If the PD you apply with knew you had that thought, they'd probably unsuitable you on the spot.

WOW, didnt know saying some thing like buying a gun off the street (by street i mean a co-worker who i know who may wanna get rid of one his guns) would cause such a stir and deter people from helping me out.

Don't worry too much about it Neeko. It wasn't a bright thing to say, but you're in the right place here now to learn. Owning a gun is your right, but remember it also comes with responsibilities. Not only are you obviously responsible to ensure your own safety and those around you, but you're also responsible to make sure your words and actions always help others to see lawful gun owners in a positive light. Here in MA, we're literally fighting for our rights every day.

Stick around, we'll definitely help you get the most out of your interests going forward.

You should check with your town. I have a friend who lives in North Andover and while you can apply for a license "no shot shall be discharged within town limits" which means you would have to go somewhere else to shoot them. Pretty rediculous but check up on that.

(by street i mean a co-worker who i know who may wanna get rid of one his guns)
Neeko, in almost any other state you buying a gun from your coworker would be LEGAL. It is only here in the People's Republik of MA (and places like IL and NJ) where guns are demonized to the point that you must ask permission from the State to own one. Although it does sound, from your post, that you did realize that it wouldn't be legal to start with. Unlike some of my fellow posters, I'm not of the opinion that THINKING of illegal acts is as "bad" as doing them. Anyway, you know what hoops our "masters" on Bacon Hill would have us jump through, so you can stay legal.

Last edited:
Although it does sound, from your post, that you did realized that it wouldn't be legal to start with. Unlike some of my fellow posters, I'm not of the opinion that THINKING of illegal acts is as "bad" as doing them.

And you are the resident Grammarian??? [rofl] Sorry... I just couldn't help myself....

-Fellow Poster

Other than an extra comma, Dave, what's your point? Although it could go either way, really. Or are you complaining that I'm not beating up on him for thinking of an illegal act? Trust me, if they busted folks for thinking of illegal acts, we'd ALL be in the slammer.

Other than an extra comma, Dave, what's your point? Although it could go either way, really. Or are you complaining that I'm not beating up on him for thinking of an illegal act? Trust me, if they busted folks for thinking of illegal acts, we'd ALL be in the slammer.

"that you did realized"

Just pointing out that we are all just humans and make mistakes.. [wink]

Ah, I see - a typo snuck in there. It should have read "Although it does sound, from your post, that you did realize that it wouldn't be legal to start with." I have removed the offending excess "d".

Ah, I see - a typo snuck in there. It should have read "Although it does sound, from your post, that you did realize that it wouldn't be legal to start with." I have removed the offending excess "d".

Continuing this threadjacking, I noticed that your "Resident Grammarian" sub-title is no longer present. Neither is Chris' "Nice guy big gun" tagline.

What happened?

Back
Top Bottom