Snub Nose Glock

Volkl78

Banned
I always thought the Glock 19 was the best option but I am starting to rethink that. The G26 is better for conceal carry and all you have to do is use G19 mags with an adapter and its just as good as the Glock 19. Its more versatile and the grip feels so much better.

Attachments

• DSC05553.jpg
    DSC05553.jpg
    229.8 KB · Views: 296
I keep a standard 10-rounder in the G26 and carry an extra G19 mag. When I carry an extra mag that is, which is not too often.

If anything I'd prefer the other way around. Give me a G19 length and barrel with the G26 grip. The grip is what prints and is tough to conceal. Heck, the barrel could be G34 length, so long as the grip is small.

If anything I'd prefer the other way around. Give me a G19 length and barrel with the G26 grip. The grip is what prints and is tough to conceal. Heck, the barrel could be G34 length, so long as the grip is small.

Rob Pincus was trying to develop a "G26L" a while back. It was a G19 (actually a G23) with the grip cut down to G26 size. Haven't seen much about it in a while.

Rob Pincus was trying to develop a "G26L" a while back. It was a G19 (actually a G23) with the grip cut down to G26 size. Haven't seen much about it in a while.
I think Lou at Business End Customs might have done that for him. Not sure.

I carry my 26 year round with two 10 rd mags. The 10 rd mag fits perfectly in that little coin pocket in my jeans. If you need a longer grip use a pierce extension or the pinky rest.

Although it would look funny based on current geometry expectations, I would agree with the longer barrel as that part is the easiest to conceal.

I'm sure people out there are doing it, given all the stippling and grip mods you see. Wouldn't be that hard to got a G19 grip down to where you could use G26 mags. Only challenge would me making it look nice.

I'm sure people out there are doing it, given all the stippling and grip mods you see. Wouldn't be that hard to got a G19 grip down to where you could use G26 mags. Only challenge would me making it look nice.

Yep, as I recall he ruined the first one he tried.

It also depends on the time of the year. Anyone that does CC knows that it's much easier to conceal during cooler weather when wearing a jacket or sweatshirt.

Here it is
[video=youtube_share;lYN4r0ykc6o]http://youtu.be/lYN4r0ykc6o[/video]

What I mean is you can use the G26 mag when concealment is your goal but use the G19 with adapter for everything else. I love Glocks but there is something about the grip, it doesn't feel as good as the M&P etc... However with the G19 mag + Adapter the grip in my opinion is perfect. For me this combo makes the perfect CC & Range gun

It's a GLOCK - nothing's going to make it look "nice".

Disclaimer - My usual carry gun is either my G34 or my G42 - they're ugly but they work.

I have both but the 19 is still higher on my list. Always will be. I've carried some form of the G19 a longer period of time than all the other carry guns I've ever had combined.

-Mike

To my knowledge, lou no longer does glock work :(

Really hope I am wrong
Not sure. I haven't talked to him in a few months. I know he's happier doing 1911s. I tried to go on the site, but it wasn't working.

What I mean is you can use the G26 mag when concealment is your goal but use the G19 with adapter for everything else. I love Glocks but there is something about the grip, it doesn't feel as good as the M&P etc...

Then why not dump the Glock and get an M&P or something? I fought guns that didn't really fit me for a long time. Part of the reason there are several different brands of polymer framed handguns to choose from is that there are ergonomic preferences between the brands. If that wasn't an issue for some then Glock would be the only game in town.

-Mike

I think Lou at Business End Customs might have done that for him. Not sure.

Yup, it was.

I don't see the point of it, though. All that cost and expense for the sake of a half-inch of sight radius? No thanks. I'll carry my factory Glock 26 instead.

Then why not dump the Glock and get an M&P or something? I fought guns that didn't really fit me for a long time. Part of the reason there are several different brands of polymer framed handguns to choose from is that there are ergonomic preferences between the brands. If that wasn't an issue for some then Glock would be the only game in town.

-Mike

I like everything about Glock, the only thing that was not ideal for me was the grip. The GEN 4 helped a little but now I have a Glock that feels perfect.

I believe the main benefit is better recoil management with the heavier slide which usually allows for more accurate follow up shots .

There must have been a glitch . Website back up. Thanks

Last edited:
I believe the main benefit is better recoil management with the heavier slide which usually allows for more accurate follow up shots .

There must have been a glitch . Website back up. Thanks
Yup. Back up. Any truth to you giving up Glock work, as someone mentioned?

I never thought the recoil was bad on the Glock 26. The Glock 27, well that's another story.

It isn't bad but I had bone on bone in my wrist over the winter and that was the one gun that hurt. It hurt so much I almost dropped it, which told me surgery wasn't a choice anymore. I have to be able to shoot my carry gun.

Do they make an extension like that for G22 15 round mags in a G23? Link?!

Back
Top Bottom