Sneaky Pete

BTW, the other 12 instructors in my NRA PPOH class also were very concerned about this person using the Sneaky Pete and muzzling them.
Of course, that was Back in the Day, Len.
People have bigger concerns nowawadays.

Old and Busted: Muzzling.
The New Hotness: Nuzzling.

(ETA: had to fix hyperlink after posting, but it is now 50% better).

Stinky Pete?? Wasn't he a member here?
You're either thinking of
someone on the Ham Radio subforum,
or Imus's running narration of Arafat's burial:

...​
Charles, is that a Jeep backing up to the grave?​
All-right, Stinky Pete gets his last ride in a Jeep!​
Jeep is a proud sponsor of Imus In The Morning.​

makes sense.

what about something like this though?

Fanny-Pack Holster

You can carry a lot of other stuff and still have your gun and extra mags.

If anyone asks you. an show them a cell phone or a wallet or something..

That should eliminate any suspicion...
Fanny pack, yes. People know what it is. Everyone's seen them. The SP catches peoples eye and arouses curiosity imo. Even if you're pocket carrying and printing to some extent, no one is going to point at your pants and ask what you have in your pocket.

If I had never seen a SP and one of the guys in work walked in with one, Id immediately say "WTF is that?"

oh3a2cohgep61.jpg

d4e9xx7hssd71.jpg

EBU8j3nWsAEVCjc

GbohEsih.jpg

I do not like to wear a traditional IWB or OWB holster when I am working due to all the tight spaces I crawl into and other physical gyrations that would typical expose the fact that I am carrying. So, I use a small Maxpedition pouch and I love it. It does what I need to do. Outside of work, I'll sport a traditional IWB or OWB.

I use a Sneaky Waffle™ holster when I'm "On Patrol"...

1633468651224.png

Zero printing, very "sticky" but does draw flies... 🪰🪰🪰

To answer the OP's question, the Sneaky Pete is simply a way to carry a handgun concealed outside a waistband. The Sneaky Pete is a holster disguised as a cell phone holder or some kind of non-obvious external holster. The advantages to a Sneaky Pete is it is supposedly more comfortable than a IWB holster and presumably easier to draw from.
I do not own a Sneaky Pete and have no intention of buying one. I have seen them in various classes and know a few people who have them and like them.
Obviously holsters are a very personal thing and OP's friend ought to get whatever he wants. Having said that most folks seem to wind up with multiple holsters for their guns.

Sneaky Pete does NOT get "The Reptile Seal Of Approval 🐊"

Look into this while you are at it...

[rofl]

Pay your dues and wait 8 months for one of these:

Or, if you are on a budget get this:

Off body carry is better than NO carry:

Lol I wouldn't know, just heard the term. Educate me.
Growing up we had a pool table in the basement, 9’ olhausen. Fit great except for the two lally columns that occasionally interferes with the shot, so we had the short stick, called the pussy stick for those shots. Also, they have a special stick called a bridge for when there is no space to put a supporting hand down to guide/support the cue....we also called that the pussy stick!!

Growing up we had a pool table in the basement, 9’ olhausen. Fit great except for the two lally columns that occasionally interferes with the shot, so we had the short stick, called the pussy stick for those shots. Also, they have a special stick called a bridge for when there is no space to put a supporting hand down to guide/support the cue....we also called that the pussy stick!!
Im familiar with a bridge. Meh, I shoot pool casually like any red blooded guy but never been "into it".

My recollection of a sneaky pete was a custom pool cue made to look like an understated bar/house stick that a shark would use to hustle a game against an unassuming guy.

Im familiar with a bridge. Meh, I shoot pool casually like any red blooded guy but never been "into it".

My recollection of a sneaky pete was a custom pool cue made to look like an understated bar/house stick that a shark would use to hustle a game against an unassuming guy.
You may be right, I just like saying pussy stick!

what about this? This looks like it could really work. I think it's a great idea...thoughts?

if you only carry occasionally, seems like a great alternative to a belly band. could be ideal for the beach...

If you carry every day, are you buying enough pairs to get you through to laundry day? how many washes will they hold up to?

if you only carry occasionally, seems like a great alternative to a belly band. could be ideal for the beach...

If you carry every day, are you buying enough pairs to get you through to laundry day? how many washes will they hold up to?
At the beach I carry my G43 under my fat roll.

In case I need it under water, I have maritime spring cups. You can only get those if you are a SEAL. They let that rule slide because I’m a walrus, so that’s close to a SEAL.

Back
Top Bottom