Sneaky Pete

Broc

NES Member
A fellow NES member is interested in the Sneaky Pete holster (or whatever the f*ck they are), but he was afraid of asking the operators on NES, so I decided to start the thread for him.

What do you bad a** operators think?

sddefault (1).jpg

Could be attached to his tactical cat

E4mv-jkWYAMbW03.jpg

Some years ago I started an informal get-together of instructors. One such instructor used a Sneaky Pete. Every time he went to re-holster, he swept himself or others. It got to the point that I had to tell him never to bring that holster with him. Also, if you look at their ads, it does not fully cover the trigger guard area.

They are a very bad idea from a firearms safety point of view!!

Some years ago I started an informal get-together of instructors. One such instructor used a Sneaky Pete. Every time he went to re-holster, he swept himself or others. It got to the point that I had to tell him never to bring that holster with him. Also, if you look at their ads, it does not fully cover the trigger guard area.

They are a very bad idea from a firearms safety point of view!!

It seems that if your Sneaky Pete ND's on your Tricky Dick, you are one Unlucky Louie!

The company has great customer service, I bought one, didn't like it called & sent back for a full refund no problems!!

I never saw the point. Everyone is going to want to know what that big thing is hanging off of your belt. Why not carry concealed and not attract attention or if you're ok with attention, just open carry?
Exactly. "So...um, what's in the box awkwardly hanging off your hip?". They also sell one with a Gadsden Flag on it. lol. "This is totally not a gun, or it is?"

So you can carry in a sneaky pete and people can guess what is inside rather than if your coat inadvertently opens your concealed carry is no longer concealed and they know for a fact you have a gun...rather than just guessing what they think it might be....

Seems like a good thing to me with a little extra precaution. Yes? No?
Maybe? lol

IDK, to me it just attracts too much attention. I think if a lot of people suspect (but dont know) its a gun, they wont bring it up. The SP can be anything so I think a lot of people wont hesitate to ask what it is. Id rather just carry concealed/pocket carry and not have to explain to people whats inside this relatively large case on my belt. Out of sight, out of mind.

See, this is why I had to start the thread for him. He is a sensitive guy.

You guys are too mean.
So, which one of the Notable NES Operating Operators that have already upvoted you in the thread
is secretly the guy you're fronting for?
[rofl]

maybe this would be a better option....
It's a Bat Belt, dammit.

The points and stares are from the people who think you're still using a Blackberry.
It's a PalmPilot, dammit.

The points and stares are from the people who think you're still using a Blackberry.
Back in the days when we carried PDAs or Blackberry on our belts, nobody would blink at this. Nowadays it looks odd . . . and as I stated above, it poses a safety hazard. A big No from me . . . and BTW, the other 12 instructors in my NRA PPOH class also were very concerned about this person using the Sneaky Pete and muzzling them.

not much different than this...
Show up to a black powder shoot with one of those. The old timers will have a heart attack.

They will complain about anything. One guy complained I was wearing jeans to a turkey shoot instead colonial style pants or whatever everyone else was wearing.

The girl who fills up my propane wears one. Tight jeans and a tucked in shirt means nowhere else to carry. I asked her about it and she told me I was the first person in 5 years to ever say anything.

Back in the days when we carried PDAs or Blackberry on our belts, nobody would blink at this. Nowadays it looks odd . . . and as I stated above, it poses a safety hazard. A big No from me . . . and BTW, the other 12 instructors in my NRA PPOH class also were very concerned about this person using the Sneaky Pete and muzzling them.
I think I found the problem. They weren't using their blue guns in training. Group buy time. And you can get a large mouth bass velcro patch on it which is the fuddiest-fudd thing I've seen this month.
Screen Shot 2021-10-05 at 12.53.21 PM.png

I cannot reveal that.
I thought so.
Getting enough sleep has really improved my situational awareness.

Show up to a black powder shoot with one of those. The old timers will have a heart attack.
They will complain about anything. One guy complained I was wearing jeans to a turkey shoot instead colonial style pants or whatever everyone else was wearing.
Yeah, I was gonna say. It's nice that it comes in Black and Khaki,
but if you're going to be gadding about the 'Verse,
it really ought to come in Brown - for the Accessorizing Accessorizers.

The girl who fills up my propane wears one.
Upvote for the nuance.

Back
Top Bottom