Smith M & P approval

Sad news

FWIW - I called S&W today to find out if any other magazine out there was the same as an M&P. The reply was NO. [crying]

I'd love for someone to prove this wrong, and point me in the direction of a pre-ban hi-cap that will work with this bad boy .............. McGyver ...... anyone?

Factory standard for the M&P pistol is a 6 lb. trigger pull.

And a very nice 6# pull at that. They seem to wear in to about 5.5# after about 500 to 1000 rounds. I was just impatient [wink]

I have that through the 40 now but the 9 is going back to be checked. Can't do the same clover leaf groups with the 9 that I can do with the 40 no matter what ammo I use.

Best place to buy mags I have seen is Midway. Their prices are pretty good.

Regards,

And a very nice 6# pull at that. They seem to wear in to about 5.5# after about 500 to 1000 rounds. I was just impatient [wink]

Yes- they do get MUCH better after breaking in. I was worried that I had a bad trigger until dry firing a bunch. I also took some care in polishing the critical areas a tad- a little bit goes a long way (trigger bar where it contacts the FP safety plunger, stiker where it contacts the back of the sear). This baby is going to get some work done on it. [wink]

FedEx came knocking this morning with the return of my M&P from Burwell.

First let me thank Round Gun Shooter for the reccomendation, and of course Dan Burwell for outstanding customer service and fast turnaround.

The trigger is CRISP & LIGHT, and the reset is SHORT ........... it is a 1000% improvement over the stock configuration.

I can't wait to get it to the range.

Shooter or icyclefar, how did you send your M&P, Fedex? What is the process of FedEx a gun to PA? Can I send it in the Case I bought it in? I'd like to get the my trigger adjusted also.

Shooter or icyclefar, how did you send your M&P, Fedex? What is the process of FedEx a gun to PA? Can I send it in the Case I bought it in? I'd like to get the my trigger adjusted also.

Bring the unloaded pistol in a container to the FedEx service center. Service center, not one of the storefronts etc. They don't accept firearms. Put your container with the gun into one of their shipping boxes and then give it to them and tell them you are shipping a handgun for repair to a federally licensed gunsmith. Don't handle the gun in the store, have it in a container ready to be boxed when you get there. Out of sight is out of mind. It is a good idea to have the FFL of the gunsmith you are sending it to in case they demand it. They don't have to see it but sometimes they may ask.

I used FedEx, we have scheduled pick up at my office. I handed it to the driver, informed him that there was a handgun in the box (as required by FedEx) the driver did'nt even flintch (he knows us pretty well) and off it went. I do recommend that you use the FedEx site to prepare your labels, that way you can be certain that everything is 100% correct and that you have the tracking numbers in hand for both legs of it's journey!

If you have an account with FedEx and/or UPS, yes they do pickup and that is a perfectly legit way to ship. You can NOT dump it in a FedEx/UPS pickup box by the side of the road or a Kinkos/UPS Store (only a depot).

Do you think Carl at Four Seasons runs to FedEx or UPS daily to drop off guns to ship out? You do not have to be an FFL to have them pickup guns, just have an agreement with them to do pickups (might cost a monthly fee, so only practical for real businesses).

I just got my 9MM compact,and I love it.So much better than the Glock 26 I had.Only problem I have is only one of the mags came with a finger rest.

Does anyone know where I can get just the finger rest,or do I have to buy another complete mag ? The S&W site only shows a complete mag for $37...

I know this is a old thread but anyone hear any news on the compact or the 9mm, no one seems the have any for sale.

I was told yesterday by a gun shop owner that the Smith rep told him last week that the full size 9's and 40's will begin shipping this week. The owner also said he's been hearing that for a while now.

I decided after reading this thread to pass on a Glock and get myself an M&P 9mm for shooting USPSA production division instead. Further, following the wisdom of the contributors to this thread I bought from Mike at TiteGroup and shipped the pistol to Burwell via Fed Ex for a trigger job. Painless.

Sunday I shot my first match with the pistol and I couldn't have been happier. Well, on second thought, I would have been happier if it wasn't pelting rain but not by a whole bunch. The M&P is outstanding. I have a small hand and with the small grips installed it was made for my hand. The only mistake I made, which I will correct on my own, was not having the magazine disconnect removed.

You guys give good advice, thanks.

The gun will not fire unless a magazine is in the gun.

People remove it because they want to be able to shoot if they are reloading and only have one in the chamber. At competitions you need to be able to drop the striker to clear the gun after each stage.

Back
Top Bottom