• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Smith and Wesson Hillary Hole Poll

How do you feel about the Hillary Hole on your S&W Revolver?

• I love my Hillary Hole, wouldn't have it any other way.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't mind having a Hillary Hole, doesn't bother me.

Votes: 10 12.0%
  • I wish I didn't have a Hillary Hole but it is what it is.

Votes: 19 22.9%
  • Hillary Hole? Disgusting and needs to be filled in permanently.

Votes: 8 9.6%
  • I don't have a Hillary Hole on my S&W revolver.

Votes: 25 30.1%
  • I don't have a S&W revolver.

Votes: 21 25.3%

• Total voters
Doesn’t matter, S&W has sucked since before they cucked out and put that abomination into their design.

I just figure the gun is a piece of shit if there is no pinned barrel or hammer mounted firing pin.

Currently I’d rather buy a Taurus, at least then I won’t be disappointed by failure.

There is a guy on the Smith-Wesson forum that was selling "The Plug" which is a kit to remove the lock and fit the plug to keep crap out. I don't have a gun with the luck, so I've never used one, but they do get good reviews.

Take the gun apart and remove it. Be sure to fill it to keep debris out of said hole. Only one of mine has it and not sure if the key still exists.

Doesn’t matter, S&W has sucked since before they cucked out and put that abomination into their design.

I just figure the gun is a piece of shit if there is no pinned barrel or hammer mounted firing pin.

The pinned barrel is nice, but the hammer mounted firing pin is a weaker design than the transfer bar.
I favor the older guns with the recessed chambers in the cylinder myself, I feel it's a safer design, if you get a case head blowout it won't spit brass out the sides at you.

if you get a case head blowout it won't spit brass out the sides at you.
If the pressure is high enough to blow out the base of a modern brass cartridge case in either 357 magnum or 44 magnum, it's the shrapnel from the exploding revolver that you need to worry about.

The pinned barrel is nice, but the hammer mounted firing pin is a weaker design than the transfer bar.
I favor the older guns with the recessed chambers in the cylinder myself, I feel it's a safer design, if you get a case head blowout it won't spit brass out the sides at you.
It may be a weaker design, but I’ll take that risk. Those features just tell me it’s from days when quality control wasn’t a joke at Smith.

Lets see
About 6000 rounds through a 627 with a lock on it. 4-5 years of steel challenge, walls of steel and various outlaw/ action pistol shoots.
Zero issues.

1500-2000 or so out of a 625. Bowling pin shoots and whatever other action pistol level stuff calls for a 6 shot.
Zero issues.

I’m a big S&W revolver fan and have models with the lock an have models without the lock. I’ve not had a problem with either so for me it not something I prefer but it’s also something that doesn’t stop me from buying.

Stop lying to yourselves. It's NES - You know you'd hit it! [rofl]

I have my standards. They may be low, but they are still standards. And SHE does not meet them at all. (Thank goodness).

As for the S&W lock, I won't have one, just on general principles. My pre-lock S&Ws work just fine.

Back
Top Bottom