Smartcarry + Ruger LCR = WIN!

Just wanted to give a quick two thumbs up to concealing a Ruger LCR in a smartcarry. Granted, I think this would be a winning combination with any j-frame. I've been semi struggling to get something that was deep concealed enough and a glock on my hip just didn't cut it. I use the smartcarry to appendix carry the LCR. The grip is JUST above my belt line.

It's comfortable all day long and it's concealed completely under a tshirt when at work, and with the handle above the belt, my draw is better than if it was completely under.

Two thumbs up!

I carry about everything including my 1911 in a smartcarry but turn it onto my hip just like a regular IWB holster would be.

There's no tugging on my pants as it has it's own belt, I can push it down for total concealment or keep it above the belt like a regular IWB. And it stay put on the throne.

It's perfect as far as I'm concerned.

I've been using it daily for about 5 years and the holster is starting to show some wear but I think I've got a couple more years before I need to replace it.

I carry about everything including my 1911 in a smartcarry but turn it onto my hip just like a regular IWB holster would be.

There's no tugging on my pants as it has it's own belt, I can push it down for total concealment or keep it above the belt like a regular IWB. And it stay put on the throne.

It's perfect as far as I'm concerned.

I've been using it daily for about 5 years and the holster is starting to show some wear but I think I've got a couple more years before I need to replace it.

You drop it below your belt line when it's on your hip?

I'm glad to hear you like it. I just ordered mine yesterday, but unfortunately won't be able to try it out until my MA LTC come in in a few weeks!!

Just wear it around the house like I did [smile]

It might sound funny, but I've been wearing and practicing with my different holsters around the house using my air gun. It's a 1911-style replica. It's 2 1/2" longer and about 2" taller than my M&P 9c is going to be, but almost the exact same weight. I've spent a day with the Serpa OWB holster that I picked up, practicing quick draws, adjusting the cant and using different clothes. I've also picked up a generic IWB with a nice sturdy clip that I've been wearing with the gun for several hours when I can, to find the best and most comfortable position for sitting, standing, walking and drawing. Lastly, I'll have the smart carry, which will be my primary daily holster, as I work in a gym and thus am required to wear athletic pants (ie, no belt). I hope it works out and doesn't print in adidas track pants!
Today I also picked up an Uncle Mike's holster belt and Serpa OWB magazine holder, so I'll be trying those out today.

It might sound funny, but I've been wearing and practicing with my different holsters around the house using my air gun. It's a 1911-style replica. It's 2 1/2" longer and about 2" taller than my M&P 9c is going to be, but almost the exact same weight. I've spent a day with the Serpa OWB holster that I picked up, practicing quick draws, adjusting the cant and using different clothes. I've also picked up a generic IWB with a nice sturdy clip that I've been wearing with the gun for several hours when I can, to find the best and most comfortable position for sitting, standing, walking and drawing. Lastly, I'll have the smart carry, which will be my primary daily holster, as I work in a gym and thus am required to wear athletic pants (ie, no belt). I hope it works out and doesn't print in adidas track pants!
Today I also picked up an Uncle Mike's holster belt and Serpa OWB magazine holder, so I'll be trying those out today.

Nothing funny about that. You need to find the most comfortable way to conceal or you won't. I had a hell of a time finding something that worked for my until the smartcarry and LCR, up until this point I wasn't carrying. Keep trying them until you get a system that works for you...you'll be happy that you've spent the time.

I am finding it beneficial to be able to practice with the holsters before I actually get my gun. Especially since the M&Pc will be so much smaller than my airgun, I think it will feel so much better to carry after I spend so much time in the next few weeks wearing a larger frame.

Back
Top Bottom