• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Small rifle primers???

Anybody seeing these on the shelf anywhere? Have hit the 3 local gun shops near me and hit Cabella's last week when I was in CT. Came up with a big 0. Am down to my last 200 and already starting to DT. Pretty soon I will be curled up in the fetal position right below my Dillon.[crying]

Anybody seeing these on the shelf anywhere? Have hit the 3 local gun shops near me and hit Cabella's last week when I was in CT. Came up with a big 0. Am down to my last 200 and already starting to DT. Pretty soon I will be curled up in the fetal position right below my Dillon.[crying]

I haven't seen any until I stumbled upon a delivery at one of the stores. I managed to pick
up some SR, LR, and SP, but no LP. Keep trying, the stores aren't getting a lot of them but
if you hit it right you will get some.

I'm all out of small rifle primers. Anybody know where else I can look? Would anyone be willing to sell some? this sucks...

Not boasting, but I ordered and received three cases (15,000) of these back in December. That was on top of the 5,000 I had gotten in November.

The first 5,000 are all gone, and the reload mode gets into high gear once my reloading book for the class I will be running is finished. That has to get done before the end of the month.

Oh, and I'm not going to part with any of my primers. sorry.

I started my garden today I planted 100 small rifle primers and some large pistol and small pistol also. I figure those will come up before I find any in the local stores.

Exactly....

Nah. Nah-na-na-nah.....

LOL.....

I just lucked out. Bought them before it was apparent that there would be a shortage. I asked my supplier if he could get more (if he placed an order)... He said that the wholesaler isn't promising anything these days.

No kidding. Let me summarize.

I'm not bragging that I have a lot....but I am bragging since that's all I'm posting about. [rolleyes]

What I don't understand is why do all the real big mail order companies have them all the time while the regular gun shops have to wait.

Plus the comment made by some local gun shops that they won't have any until the end of June is really aggravating.

Here's my guess:

1) The big mail order companies probably EACH buy as much as any regional distributor, maybe more.
2) The local gun shops get theirs from a regional distributor.
3) When there's not enough to go around, the manufacturers probably ship to their best customers first.
4) That means the big box on-line places get theirs first, and then the distributors. And then the local gun shops, when they can get in line.

What I don't understand is why do all the real big mail order companies have them all the time while the regular gun shops have to wait.

Plus the comment made by some local gun shops that they won't have any until the end of June is really aggravating.

What big mail order places have them? I ship to dear old dad in NH, so you can tell.

I managed to find 900 today. Yes, 900. Someone had snagged a single tray from the box. The price was inflated too [frown]. This was the third of 3 local shops. At the second one when I asked about primers the woman just started laughing [crying].

Not boasting, but I ordered and received three cases (15,000) of these back in December. That was on top of the 5,000 I had gotten in November.

The first 5,000 are all gone, and the reload mode gets into high gear once my reloading book for the class I will be running is finished. That has to get done before the end of the month.

Oh, and I'm not going to part with any of my primers. sorry.

Does that include my 5000 that was part of that order or is that over and above? [smile]

NO! If we add your order in, that would have been a total of 20,000. I still have fifteen thousand in my work shop (which, btw, you should see since I re-did it for the upcoming classes!). I have 15,000 small pistol, 5,000 large pistol, 15,000 small rifle, and just a few hundred large rifle (for my 30-06).

Does that include my 5000 that was part of that order or is that over and above? [smile]

Take a ride to RI. Heritage gun and coin had some boxes of small pistol magnum and I believe small rifle magnum on the shelf 2 days ago and some other assorted primers that might be small rifle. No FID cards required in RI. I would call first before you take a 90 min ride from Carver

IF you pay for my air fare, hotel room, and food for two days, I'd be happy to come down, and teach the class there in your home. I'd do a group rate if you wanna invite your buddies to learn to reload safely.

Back
Top Bottom