Small Doe Yesterday

What did you use to take it down?

I used a Parker Safari 150# crossbow and a 20" Parker bolt with a fixed 3 blade broadhead by Montec.

Montec 100 grain one piece broadhead, no interchangeable blade inserts. First time with these broadheads.

Previous 2 deer with the crossbow were taken with Hoyt/Easton 4 blade Chuck-It broadheads that came with the

crossbow when I bought it all set up at Tommy's Sportsman's Den, route 106 in Halifax, MA.

Crossbow has a Simmons Red Dot sight with 3 red dots that work well at 20, 30, and 40 yards.

I went to Bass Pro yesterday and bought a 3 pack of 100 grain Grim Reaper mechanical with 2" cut.

Going to give an expandable a try for the first time. My son uses mechanicals in his compound bow with devastating results.

Tommy's Sportsman's Den, route 106 in Halifax, MA???

Never knew about that place, and I'm one town over...
How's his shop?

Tommy has done me a lot of good deeds over the years. The place is in the building with Halifax Glass.

He runs both places and sells bait etc, archery stuff, muzzle loader stuff also. Tommy used to be in the place

all the time, but now he is busy elsewhere a lot of the time. Has others there. I tagged the small doe there Saturday

and he wasn't there. Think it was his mom who tagged it. It was The Outdoor Sportsman's until Bruce moved to Hanson.

So did my son and I, but never again. My mom always said if you can't say something good about someone,

don't say anything, so I will let that be all I will say.

I'm sure it will be good eating but i wouldnt call it a small doe, it's a fawn.

Whatever. It was a female and the tagging station registered it as a doe, not a fawn. The only reason I posted it at all was to

keep people who haven't got one from being discouraged. If an overweight, 71 year old dumbass with a bad heart can

do it, anyone can. By the time I got it drug out of the woods to my truck, I thought it was a moose. [thinking]

Whatever. It was a female and the tagging station registered it as a doe, not a fawn. The only reason I posted it at all was to

keep people who haven't got one from being discouraged. If an overweight, 71 year old dumbass with a bad heart can

do it, anyone can. By the time I got it drug out of the woods to my truck, I thought it was a moose. [thinking]

Good for you old man!! Next time bring some porters along like they do on those African big game hunts.

Last edited:
Good job! My Doc said he's sign a medical form if I wnated to go crossbow from a bum shoulder.

Currently shoot a Parker Frontier compound at 62 lbs.

Good job! My Doc said he's sign a medical form if I wnated to go crossbow from a bum shoulder.

Currently shoot a Parker Frontier compound at 62 lbs.

I hunted for years with a Bear Super Kodiak recurve, then went to a Hoyt Raptor compound. Rotator cuff injuries to both shoulders

made it necessary to go to a crossbow as I couldn't draw my compound any longer. If Mass hadn't allowed crossbows for disabled

archery hunters, that whole phase of hunting would have been gone out of my life. I am waiting now for a super light crossbow to be

offered by some manufacturer, yet still have the power and velocity. I would advise you to go for the permit because you will probably

need it eventually.

I forgot, I started with a lemonwood longbow, and it was the only bow I never got a deer with.

Very funny... Great job! There's always one in the crowd.

Back
Top Bottom