First small game hunt of the season

whacko

NES Member
Nh squirrel is open. Went with my brother at sunup this morning for a couple hours. Nice cool morning almost felt like fall. Mast on the forest floor is only hickory and it was easy to pick off 5 Grey's in 2 hours just sitting in one spot with a handful of hickory trees. Acorns are non existent in the wma I was at in Southern nh and the squirrels are literally fighting in the hickory stands.......all of the squirrels we shot were chasing each other territorially.

Dude, really cool! I have been looking around but not seeing anything at my usual spots just yet, bugger!
Just got back to the truck after an afternoon hunt. Got one more grey. Bumped 3 deer and passed on 2 rabbits that if it were Oct 1 both would have been in the vests.

Was a nice morning to be out. Congrats! Starting to feel like fall.

Im getting cams, gear and stands ready today. Final sighted the bow and crossbow in with broadheads and good to go.

Im seeing white oaks in my yard, but I'm questioning whether there is any in the big woods.

Should get out to PA the 17th for deer.

Just got back to the truck after an afternoon hunt. Got one more grey. Bumped 3 deer and passed on 2 rabbits that if it were Oct 1 both would have been in the vests.
They are an unreasonably difficult animal to hunt for how frigging populated and loud they are when you don't want them around.

I’ve been seeing a ton of grey squirrel up here this year. I don’t remember seeing any the past two years and now they’re everywhere.
Looking forward to getting out soon.

I’ve been seeing a ton of grey squirrel up here this year. I don’t remember seeing any the past two years and now they’re everywhere.
Looking forward to getting out soon.
They are fun to hunt in my opinion. Probably going back out this afternoon.

Back
Top Bottom