• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Biden Doesn't Want Folks to Learn How to Hunt

Much as I hate to say it, the interpretation of the law is correct on its face. The law, which passed 234 - 193 in the house and 65 - 33, added the following language to 20 USC 7906:
No funds under this chapter may be used—
(7) for the provision to any person of a dangerous weapon, as defined in section 930(g)(2) of title 18, or training in the use of a dangerous weapon.

18 USC 930(g)(2) reads:
The term “dangerous weapon” means a weapon, device, instrument, material, or substance, animate or inanimate, that is used for, or is readily capable of, causing death or serious bodily injury, except that such term does not include a pocket knife with a blade of less than 2½ inches in length.

So a literal reading of the law as passed would also preclude cooking classes. So this time, I place the blame on the Congresscritters of both parties who didn't bother reading what was actually in the bill. But if you insist pointing fingers, the Bill was Sponsored by Marco Rubio (R) and co-sponsored by Rick Scott (R). Oops.

Much as I hate to say it, the interpretation of the law is correct on its face. The law, which passed 234 - 193 in the house and 65 - 33, added the following language to 20 USC 7906:
(7) for the provision to any person of a dangerous weapon, as defined in section 930(g)(2) of title 18, or training in the use of a dangerous weapon.

18 USC 930(g)(2) reads:
The term “dangerous weapon” means a weapon, device, instrument, material, or substance, animate or inanimate, that is used for, or is readily capable of, causing death or serious bodily injury, except that such term does not include a pocket knife with a blade of less than 2½ inches in length.

So a literal reading of the law as passed would also preclude cooking classes. So this time, I place the blame on the Congresscritters of both parties who didn't bother reading what was actually in the bill. But if you insist pointing fingers, the Bill was Sponsored by Marco Rubio (R) and co-sponsored by Rick Scott (R). Oops.
So no Drivers Ed anymore?

18 USC 930(g)(2) reads:

Irrelevant

Back
Top Bottom