• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sks bluing question

Hello,
I am needing some advice on a small project I am working on. I have an Norinco Sks I am wanting to polish. The sks I have had a good bit of the bluing worn off and when I first got it I started doing a cold bluing job on it then I ended up changing my mind. I saw a photo of a polished sks and I liked it so I am wanting to try it on mine (Not sure if this would bring the value down but It doesnt matter to me, I do not sale guns once they are mine, plus I have two Norinco Sks's so I figure why not have one polished). Ok so I have already stripped most of the bluing off of it, there are a few nook and crannies that is hard for me to scrub with my steel wool pad. So my question is would it hurt if I took a dremil with one of the steel wool attachments on it and maybe ran it at medium speed to be able to reach the few spots I cannot get. I am fairly new to bluing and have only been practicing off and on for about a year now so forgive my noobie questions (lol) Anyway, this sks I bought for only $100 and It is one of the more cheaper firearms I own so I figure why not make this my bluing practice gun. Any advice and an answer to my question would be much appreciated! Thank you!

P.S I am new to this forum as this is my first post. I have visited this forum many months and enjoy reading alot of the posts so I decided to go ahead and make an account.

How about a toothbrush and this?

p_167006100_1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom